1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beirut Explosion

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by michel couque, Aug 4, 2020.

1. When you look at before and after pictures the silos really do seem to have directed the blast.
    stupidity/greed/and Gov left that stuff there. No matter how corrupt they will have learned their lesson and wont let it happen again...
    Of course, being Human, some are already arguing that the NEXT thing is not that dangerous (The world over, not just there) saying it would be too expensive to move...

I hope they get all the help they need

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. RIP first off

This is all to common imho, from fireworks making manufactures situated in residental areas. To trains derailing & leaching corrosive chemicals into a local environment. Where I represent the full-time HGV drivers as agency cover. We've discussed how this main factory which has expanded several times & now has a huge facility at Manchester. Use to be outside or on the edge of Banbury surrounded by fields. Then eventually the canal was extended, parts were sold off & now its on or become part of the main road where you can visit several main stay car outfits.

No one knows how a business will take off or be successful. However government should have in place a system where dangerous chemical facilities must be relocated after a certain size. Obviously this is an idea & I'm stating it like I'm placing rules & laws into affect. And this relocation process should be mainly paid for by the government aka public purse. Because its done to keep the public safe.

Literally when these places start burning at a certain point the fire-bridge activates a evacuation process for their own staff. Because the fire or scenario has gone past the point of no return. And they must wait for it to self explode. Just like this one from 1988'

• Useful Useful x 1

3. I remember that.

4. It's actually a good example of how someone said lets place this facility away from any population.

5. It's the reason ee have COMAH regulations onshore, since the late 90's. Facilities are still playing catch up though and crap happens especially, as you say, residential creep comes in

6. Did THEY place it far away? or were they told to put it far away instead?
    I cannot remember. Either way I am glad it was. Although i hope it was the latter so that common sense can rule again.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information