1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Belly Pan Brackets

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by FallingMage, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Did try the search but got nothing.

I have a belly pan on my 748 but I want to mount it to the frame so that it doesn’t pull the side fairings down so much (one of them is rubbing a bit on the clutch cover).
    Does anyone know where I can get some or have a template that I could use to cut some out of a sheet of aluminium?

Thanks

2. There is a template pdf available on ducati ms. I downloaded it a while ago but can’t find it now. Sorry

3. Had a good look around on Ducati ms but not luck so far. Hopefully someone will post it again.

4. Thanks for that, I think I did see that thread, but no photos are showing up on my pc despite having an account.

5. Ok pal. I thought no photos showing was due to my crappy / old iPad.
    Wouldn’t it still work by printing out the above photos and enlarging until the rear master bracket has its hole centres at 40mm?

6. Thats the plan for now until a better idea comes up.

7. Make some cardboard brackets first, then transfer to ally once you have the dimensions etc.
    I mounted mine off the master cylinder bracket, the large spare crankcase hole near the side stand and a dzus mount on the vee piece.

8. I’ve got the first and second bracket that I’m gonna flatten out if you want me to do a template and post it to you or just do as bettes is saying , that’s what I’ll do for the third bracket

9. Can you scan them at all?

10. I can but it would be Wednesday again I could do it

11. That fine, It would be good to have a second point of reference.
    I'm assuming that we are counting them from the top, with that one being the first one.
    I have seen pictures of where they should go, but can't work out where the third one mounts.
    Someone did say somewhere that it mounts to the oil cooler, thought I'm not too sure how (I do have a oil cooler as I have a SP engine).

12. Yep it starting from the top 52AE13A6-3B5B-496C-B2E1-DD77017DF13B.jpeg

13. Oh wow, thats really useful as it shows the bends.
    Looks like the top one has 5 bends and the bottom one has 2, is that correct?

14. I’m not to sure if they were the right bends that’s why I have straitened them so I can bend my self to suit

15. Ah, I see. The bottom one looks correct from the other photos that I have seen on google. Not too sure about the top one.

16. I’ve got them scanned if you want me to email them to you

Do Not Sell My Personal Information