1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XDiavel Belt Drive - Damage

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Freerange_egg, Sep 8, 2020.

1. My belt drive has damage :( (from a stone trapped between the belt and belt cover?). Has anyone else had this problem?

I’m curious how much damage matters. Do belts ever fail? :worried:

2. This is the drive belt? aka rubber-chain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mine did during lockdown, it went from fitting a 34” waist, to not...

• Funny Funny x 9
  4. Throw an image up of the damage please

5. Not you @outintheopen !

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. I hope it’s ok otherwise you’re looking at a bill for £1800 I believe

• WTF WTF x 1
  7. Yes, it's the drive belt (I think a new drive belt £400 :eek: plus 2h labour). :cold_sweat: Though I've been told that a damaged drive belt rarely-if-ever fails.

8. I had a stone through my belt at around 1000 miles. My dealer said that the chances of total failure were very slim, but it wouldn’t repair itself so I had a new one fitted. Cost around £450 all in for the belt And fitting.

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. Here’s a photo of the damage to my belt. Once it was replaced I removed the guard to stop a stone getting tapped in there again. I fitted the Roland Sands front sprocket cover which is open.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m now on 8500 miles and no problems

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. It's a freak accident for a stone-chip to get into there, considering the belt is what 2.5inches wide. I wouldn't worry about it but you could ham-it up for the dealership to replace it via ducati. However that part is a subject to been a consumable part I beleive.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information