1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belt Frequency App/download

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RickyX, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Are none of the cheap clip on guitar tuners any good, some display frequency ?

2. Sev
    I've got the needle view up, and working now, but it won't react to a short noise like clicking my fingers of plucking a belt, only a longer sound like me humming.

I've just borrowed a hands free Mic and headphones from somebody at work and it's made no difference at all, so it must be my phone, but I did try two other phones yesterday.
    N-Track and Carbon drive are both the same.

Nasher.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bootsam thanks, but belts are down at @99Hz for Exactfit and 110Hz for Ducati ones.

The Korg appears to work at much higher frequencies.

Nasher.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Ok Nashy, I could swear my korg tuner goes way down to sub 100Hz as well. But as I havent used it for yrs, I cant remember.

5. Bootsam, it's a very useful suggestion, and another option I'm going to have a better look at later this evening when I'm home and have more time to browse the net without being interrupted by work type stuff:p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Work sucks, but I have to wait for calcs to finish so I just use this forum to timewaste in. :)

7. I have a vague recollection of this work thing you talk about.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. It looks like I'm pretty much stuffed with this and using my Huawei phone.
    The net is awash with people trying to find solutions to using an external Mic with Huawei phones.
    Some appear to work some of the time and others not.

I've now downloaded several Apps and all of them work with a longer sound using the phone Mic, but not a shorter sound.

On the plus side I do already have the JPDiag software on a laptop, that I've been using to reset the TPS on both my bikes.
    Stupidly I hadn't seen that there was a Belt tensioning page within it, and it appears easy enough to use.
    I've had a play using the laptop mic, but now need a USB Mic for the laptop to do the belts.

Does anyone have any tips for using the JPDiag Belt Tension page?

Nasher

9. I did look, but when I realised that I could use the JPDiag software on a laptop I sort of gave up looking as JPDiag appears to be really easy to use, and I already have it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fair enough, my thinking was a £20 'gadget' might be worth trying. Less hassle than having a laptop to hand.

11. Alan, sorry, I do fully agree that it's worth trying, but as I already have the software, and know it works, I'm just more confident to go down that route.

Nasher.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bottom A on a bass guitar is 36Hz, much lower than the belt tension.

• Like Like x 1
  13. For jpdiag, use a cheapo remote mic like @CRYSTALJOHN linked earlier.

14. Thanks
    Then as I understand it you type in your target Hz(the drop down list appears to be too high).
    That adds a Red vertical line to the 'screen'.
    Then a Yellow line is added for the recorded noise which you try to get as close as possible to the Red line.

Nasher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. That sounds about right.
    Enter the appropriate frequency in the box 99 or 110 or whatever and the red line shows the value.

16. Imo the JPdiag belt tensioning software is perfect.
    I've tried the Gates one, and a few guitar tuning apps via an iphone , but they don't even come close to the accuracy , ease of use,and repeatability obtainable with JPDIAG

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Recently struggled with the new gates version.
    Can recommend 'n-Track Tuner' (using the needle screen) or 'easy tension' apps
    Both gave more definitive result. Easy Tension requires the belt to 'plucked' very well before it will pick up the frequency.
    Used an ebay microphone - these can be a little finicky to get working but once there its all good.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information