1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bemoto Multi-bike Insurance Refusal To Renew.

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Paul55, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Ducati Insurance (Ramsis) have been good to me over the past 4 years. Every year the renewal drops on the doorstep with a nice reduction in price. Fingers crossed, not had to make a claim but they have always been polite and professional on the phone.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mine's due, currently with MCE who quoted £357, used the Lexham online quote, £2,684!! WTF?

It's a 950 Multistrada, heated grips, alarm, datatag,crash bungs, rad guards, lever change, centre stand, 58 year old rider, 6 years NCB, 2 incidents in the past 5 years (neither resulting in a claim) and a clean licence; how do they actually justify that?

And might I ask, why the MCE... don't comment?:thinkingface:

3. Ouch the quotes can be absolutely crazy, but mine in London Fully Comp is about £400 a year.

I had a mega problem with MCE several years ago, went to the ombudsman, I would have had them bang to rights as major liars but strangely enough some 12 conversations I had with them over a 2 month period all failed to record??? So there was no evidence but they got admonished for this. But many do use them and it’s only a print when it comes to claim time.

essentially they took my bike to assess the damage. They wrote it off and sent it off for scrap without my knowledge or any communication at all. I found out what had happened, told them they had effectively stolen my bike and the police were being called. I found where it had been taken to, got in touch with them, told them the story, they were very nice and very shocked and asked me to come and get the bike ASAP and they put it in a safe place for me. The damage was cosmetic and a few levers etc got it back on the road.

• WTF WTF x 1
  4. Thats awful! Glad you got your bike back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. That’s not the half of it. Absolute liars through and through, if they hadn’t of destroyed the evidence it would have looked terrible on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I was with Ramasis for years, they were great. Funnily enough I changed to bemoto this year as I was expecting to have to go multi bike.....

7. I was with Ramasis for several years, always spoke with Mark there for my competitive renewals, but they have been bought out by a big company and the old staff are no more.

8. I had the same a few years ago with footman James. No reason given. No change in circumstances, didn't move. Just had a letter saying "sorry we don't have anything for you" . I then insured through a different broker with the same underwriters. So it seems as others have said, it's a internal change with your broker using different underwriters.

9. I can never understand why multi bike policies are so expensive, you can only ride one bike at a time.
    So the residual risk on additional bikes is fire or theft. If the bike is secured in a locked garage and properly anchored.
    Then the risk is extremely low.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for the heads up on MCE, I think I'll be moving my business. :eek:

Lexham phoned this morning and basically, their underwriter doesn't like business use. I can have SDP & commuting to a fixed place of business for £232, albeit with an £1175 excess, but I occasionally use mine for site visits, so that will cost me the extra £2450 :astonished:

When I get up I'll look at the weather & decide how I'm going into work; I'm not prepared to lose good riding days because I've got a site meeting, so unfortunately it won't be Lexham, but thanks for the heads up on them, they'll get a call when I'm retired. The other quotes are coming in about £400 - 500 so I'll have a look at them.

Out of Bennetts & Ducati, anyone got any good or bad news...:thinkingface:

11. I’ve just got my renewal from Cornmarket (IAM Roadsmart partner) this morning. This will be the second year with so was expecting a jump which in fact is only about £100 to £1400. That’s a multibike policy, including agreed valuations on my V4, my 1098R and market value on my Multistrada. Andy

12. I think mine is just over £300 for a 999 and a DVT 1200 multistrada.
    I am old and have several decades of no claims, you're right, you can only ride one at a time

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information