1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bendix or SBS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Pablo Pirate, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Howdo!

Has anyone used Bendix/SBS sintered road pads? After recommendations for a set of new pads, bike is used on the road......so after good initial bite and good overall stopping power. Pads are to fit the radial 4 pad calipers.

Cheers Pablo

2. I've used/sold Bendix for years now and not had one bad feedback on them. Road and track, they've been spot on. Good value to. Use the MF compound.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. I use Bendix on my track R1 and road bikes, I found them much better than SBS

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bendix it is!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. @nelly can you confirm Bendix and SBS are the same pads? I can’t remember where I heard it but it’s my understanding?

6. Yes they are :upyeah:
    Now sold as SBS

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Yes mate. As far as I know, Bendix own SBS, always have done and they’ve consolidated the brand. SBS was always better known for bike brakes. Same pads, different branding. I’m still selling them and haven’t noticed or had any negative feedback from customers who’ve been using Bendix for the years I’ve been stocking them.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Yep, Nelly put me onto them. Not looked for any others since.

9. I have used Bendix MF for a few years now on my 4 pad calipers. What is the spec/compound code of the now rebranded SBS that is equivalent?

10. Iirc their old part numbers are +500 for the equivalent new sbs numbers

11. FE is right. Bendix number plus 500, there is a slight change to the prefix letters but you can confirm with bike torque racing who are the distributor..... or I can tell you when I have the book out

Do Not Sell My Personal Information