1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best And Worst Bands You Have Seen Live

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alan williams, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Need another music thread.

Best live band / artist.
    and
    Most disappointing / worst band or artist

That you’ve seen live.

Me:

Best
    The Pogues at the town and country club on saint patricks day.
    Had Joe Strummer, Kirsty Macoll and the specials there with them.
    Amazing night.

Worst.
    The Who
    Trying to reenact Tommy at a princes trust gig in Hyde park. Just didn’t work.

Most dissapointing.
    Shaking Stevens.
    Don’t ask.

2. Girls School before they cut a record when I was 14 :heart_eyes:
    Not had any disappointing ones but not a regular music goer :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Best live band for me has to be AC/DC in Barcelona just before Brian Johnson was advised by doctors to stop.
    Worst artist ever, the chap who won Stars in Their Eyes as Freddie Mercury. He did a tribute band tour and he was appalling.
    Most disappointing was probably Hawkwind who I saw just after Lemmy left them. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hawkwind used to play the Ipswich Gaumont theatre twice every year, I think one or two of them were from the area.
    We used to go every time, some great gigs and some not so good.
    Would liked to have seen them with Lemmy.

5. Kenny Ball wasn't bad in his day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Best? Too many to mention as we tend to see a lot of bands live, but most recently Vintage Trouble and the Fun Lovin’ Criminals.

Worst.......Wizzard (works Xmas do)

Most surprisingly good.........Mike and the Mechanics (seen them 4 times now) and Sophie Ellis Bexter (Who we’ve seen twice now). When SWMBO bought tickets I was like “meh”, but I have to say they are both very good. Mike and the Mechanics have two lead singers including Roachford, so they do Mike and the Mechanics songs, Genesis songs and Roachford songs too. SEB was incredibly good, interacted well with the audience and in both gigs finished off by going into the crowd and sang acapella. She has a great voice too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Ooh hawkwind was my first ever gig when I was 13 at Newcastle city hall. Lemmy was in the band then :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I’ve seen a few bands that musically I wasn’t into particularly, but live was so different.
    All about Eve spring to mind, they seemed to be having as much fun as the crowd.

9. Ooh, another thread, first gig ?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Best
    Genesis at Knebworth '78?
    Live Aid / London?
    Fre Nelson Mandela Concert Barcelona?
    Stranglers at the Top Rank Southampton '77?
    Too hard to pick, I used to see as many as I could.

Worst.
    Micheal Jackson in Barcelona
    Fucking terrible

• Like Like x 1
  11. Best band, difficult one, I go to gigs quite often but for a mad, and I mean mad gig, it has to be the Drop Kick Murphys.
    Mogwai has to be up there, but probably because it was high up on a hill overlooking Barcelona.
    Death in Vegas at the Ritz was a cracker
    Chemical Brothers were and still are well worth seeing.
    Lou Reed doing his Berlin gig a few years back was unforgettable.

This list could go on and on.

#11 Carr01, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  12. most bands are good live, even ones where i dislike their recorded stuff. the best, Queen, obviously. Michal Jackson was superb. Rush should of been one of the best, but the sound was terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Best (by a county mile)
    Pink Floyd ‘94 Division Bell Earls Court

Worst
    Dumpys Rust Nuts somewhere in Kent around ‘84

• Like Like x 1
  14. Are they band that have one song ?
    I’m sure I’ve seen them at bike rallies and they did the same song a few times.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. U2 on Joshua Tree tour at Wembley. Best.

Worst, Rose Tattoo, bloody terrible. Cant think, they were support band for either Sabbath or Rainbow..

• Like Like x 1
  16. Best: The Fall
    Worst: The Fall

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Best Stevie Ray Vaughan in a small music venue in London Victoria, you had to be there.....or
    Status Quo circa 1979 IIRC...or
    Eric Clapton Earls Court about 20 years ago....but he is awful at Royal Albert Hall.

Worst.
    Thin Lizzy 1978 smacked out of their heads same for Santana too

• Like Like x 1
  18. The same gig ?

19. Worst, Simple minds milton keynes bowl 91. Best, Toyah, hammersmith odeon 82

20. No, 10 years apart, not even the same line up apart from the one constant....MES.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information