1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best And Worst Bands You Have Seen Live

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alan williams, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Best - Too many to name them all but 3 of the best are Scorpions , U2 (with the Waterboys in support), Leonard Cohen

Worst/most disappointing- Can’t think , I love ALL live music good or bad

• Like Like x 1
  2. Best - Elbow at the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh.
    Worst - Neil Diamond at Hampden.. Bizarrely flashed by a woman in her fifties and watching the disabled and elderly section dancing beside the stage with Neil who we only saw 50 mins of and we bought all four tickets for the bro and sis in law. £180 for 50 mins... I'm not bitter at all...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Best, there’s been a good few but probably Van Halen at the Rainbow finsbury park. The first UK gig they played on release of their first album.
    Worst, Motörhead at the Hammersmith Odeon circa 78 when ace of spades came out. Girl school were support and way better performance.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nice. seeing Elbo in august.

5. Been to see them twice Fin.. Great live...:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I can fully understand that one.

I’ve noticed no one has mentioned The Lancashire Hot Pots
    Or even the mighty Shire Horses,
    Yet!
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Small world. Just got in from seeing Mike and the mechanics this evening playing at the Colliseum Watford.
    Great night. Roachford was awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Best Stevie Ray Vaughan in a small music venue in London Victoria, you had to be there.....

I bet that was awesome. What a guitarist. Used to super glue the tips of his fingers due to using the heaviest gauge strings.

9. Best - Queen, Wembley Stadium, Saturday July 12 1986.
    Most Impressed - Stone Temple Pilots, Brixton Academy, October 26 1994.
    Worst - Alien Sex Fiend supporting Alice Cooper at Birmingham Odeon, December 5th 1986.
    Most disappointing - Ozzy Osbourne at Nottingham Rock City, 18 July 1988. Gig was cancelled after support band Jagged Edge had played. The crowd rioted and trashed Rock City.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Been to a few concerts

Best Madonna 88ish Leeds
    Muse 2006 Cardiff
    Roger waters twice

Off to see Russel Watson on Sunday

• Like Like x 1
  11. One Eskimo was awesome in a small venue in Minneapolis. Cher was spectacular and she'll be back here in May.
    Worst concert was probably Bob Seger but only because I can't really remember it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. One of the best was Tina Turner , Appollo, Manchester. circa 88 with her indoors.

Decided to give the support act a miss and have a couple extra beers in the bar only to find Bryan Adams doing his finale as a duet with Tina

Grrrrrrr :worried: o_O

TB

• Like Like x 1
  13. I was meant to go to this one but it got vetoed at the last minute - still angry.

Best: Van Der Graaf Generator in, ah 2014? Not the biggest VDGG fan but the quality of playing, sound reproduction and above all, the quiet and respectful crowd, was second-to-none

Favourite: Todd Rundgren A Wizard, A True Star at Hammersmith Apollo, 2010. The only ever tour when the whole album was ever performed in full in the UK. Literally, a dream come true.

Close second favorite: Yes, Open Your Eyes tour, 1997, at the Brighton Dome. Magical.

Worst/Most disappointing: Todd Rundgren at some small venue in London, 2013, State tour. Not a great album, not a great venue and some dick-head dancing in front of me did not help.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I’ve always seen you as a clean shaven, I iron a fresh shirt daily kind-a-guy.
    With your expressed interest in music I’m now getting festival wristbands, gig tee shirt, goatee beard and crocs.
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Best was probably the first live gig I ever went to ,
    Bauhaus at guildford civic hall in 1980/81 , absolutely blew my mind !
    Although anything with john lydon in , PIL on many occasions, and the sexpistols reunion tour , pistols at the palace comes a very close second.
    Worst was a jam tribute act THE JAMM .
    Also at gch and intoduced on stage by none other than the real rick buckler , truly awful .
    Puddy :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's going back many years
    Worst got to be Love Affair just after Steve Ellis had left them walked out after 20 mins really crap
    Best it's hard to decide between The Who or Guns and Rose's

• Like Like x 1
  17. I call dibs on Russel Watson being your worst...:p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bjork, with all her crazy showmanship madness at a very small gig at an old railway station was brilliant.

Faust, can’t say it was the worst gig, but if you go to see them, it’s best if you’re pre warned!

19. Best -Mark Knopfler at Newcastle. Spellbinding stuff
    Worst - Bruce Springsteen at Wembley. Thought I liked his music, but the first half was droning croaky miserable stuff id never heard. Left at half time. Biggest waste of money. Found a nice bar afterwards though :)
    Oh and Toesland at Fibbers in York:confused:

20. Oh yeah deffo, old Brucie the ‘Boss’
    Absolutely bored the tits off me at some massive football ground gig.
    Shit he can harp on!

Amy Winehouse, pissed/ stoned off her bonce on stage, mixed up her lines and her mascara began to run, felt sorry for her. :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information