1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best And Worst Gifts?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Tomorrow :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  2. :scream:

3. :(
    Here you go :confused:. As you can see from the left boot, clearly a fashion statement not function, that wear is after 500 miles. Also, the Gucci labels fell off the buckles :(. They now live in the furthest most reaches of the cupboard in the spare room.
    0D90A7C8-ED6E-422C-9D98-1B1A34C07902.jpeg

0875BB8B-57F7-4DA4-A602-172225A55F3D.jpeg

B6994AC4-BDE5-4FE1-BBCE-C059FB6B669D.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Oh dear, oh dear.

I can’t un-see those now!

I can think of another place they could “live”....

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Sorry :worried: but you did ask to see them :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. They look like corrective shoes :neutral:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mmmmm,suits you sir.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Worst biking related present has to be a pizza cutter shaped like a Harley type cruiser bike (the front wheel being the cutting blade) - I forget whether this was from my sister or my mother in law (probably the latter - her presents are sometimes spot on perfect, but equally frequently spectacularly awful "what was she thinking"! We have declared a Christmas truce with the inlaws - no presents other than the occasional tin of Roses chocs).

Best biking presents have generally been when my other half has agreed to pay a big service bill for Primus (my older 696)! If only Snells did gift vouchers ... I remind him how lucky he is to have the sort of wife who asks for motorcycle garage bills to be paid as opposed to sending him in search of some ridiculous overpriced designer handbag as a present!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kin Jesus

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. In my defence, I wish to add, they were probably bought about 15 years ago and I’d never worn them (other than putting them on when presented with them) until last Sept after I’d recommissioned the 748. Obviously I would never actually wear them on a bike (or at all!) but I had no other boots to wear, so as I was putting the 748 through it’s road tests it was them or trainers (and hope no-one who’s into bikes saw them) until I bought a pair of Daytonas off eBay in Oct.

Please forgive me :(

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Best. A flying lesson from my girls for my 70th.

• Like Like x 2
  12. You’re 70!
    Bloody hell, would never have guessed it by your handwriting! ;)
    Worst gift was probably a voucher to use at a seaweed bath!
    Really don’t get them vouchers, they sit in a drawer until you stumble across it only to find it’s a year out of date! Great for businesses who issue them.
    Best, probably on my 17th birthday, after finding a moped me and my day set about rebuilding it, having to get parts from the only supplier I could find at the time in deepest darkest Surry, pre internet days!
    Getting it up and running was my 16th birthday present, my 17th was a brand new Honda 100 waiting for me in the garage when I got home from work!
    I simply couldn’t believe my eyes!

#32 Carr01, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  13. At least they are clean and shiny
    I was always told if a man has shiny shoes he’s a keeper :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. What if those shoes are suede?
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. :D they must be brushed the right way

16. Ok...
    note to self, must buy a suede brush!
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Painted by a mate for my 21st.....
    (I had a Mohican at the time)

Fits both categories.

DBF0F46B-9164-4DC5-BA6A-C59C3488FD0B.jpeg

#37 RickyX, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  18. best bike gifts were an oberon clutch slave, cnc racing reservoirs and hell break lines for my 748... my girlfriend at the time found my ebay watch list (it somehow got emailed to her!!) … worst is probably this years gift from my mates mum (she is mid 80's) who bought me a Harley calendar.
    I have to get it out of the drawer every time she comes to visit... LOVE that calendar ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information