1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Bike For £7.5k

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NHM, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Buy my 15000m 848!

Advertised at 4.8k in for sale section. Open to sensible offers. Needs belt service in near future, valves if you're that way inclined, rear tyre, head bearings need tightening soon. Depending how much you do yourself leaves you with a couple of K for a dainese catsuit.

Has been cared for, I just can't get the work required done very easily at present.

2. If you want character, fun for occasionally sunny day, something to look at but may go up in value how about a 851 888 Strada.

Me, 7.5k I'd be buying an Aprilia Tuono: but my needs are different :)

3. Or.......................... you could have my lovely 02 748R for a bit less than £7.5k:) a beauty to both ride and look at! R 023.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Given that, I'd probably go after a 916. Nothing to elite but something good to very good so you still have the scope to modernise/improve and tinker and will increase in value slowly. Red one though okay? 916's are red, 748's are yellow and never the twain should meet, unless you're a wrong un :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Best bike for £7.5k would surely be a Desmo or a Superleggera. But you won't find one for that kind of money. ;)

I know, as much use as men's tits :)

6. Dad bod's are the new 6 pack apparently?

• Like Like x 1
  7. TFFT :)

8. Unless you are enjoying the uncomfortable position I would steer away from modern sport bikes..these are track weapons and are sh&t on the road.
    I would get a naked bike or a supermoto.
    RD family or XJR1300, Honda CB1300S, Monster1100? or Kaw Z1...even better a H1 :)

9. A lot to think about here! I quite like the riding position on my SS, but it does seem to encourage me to ride like a hooligan...

You can get quite a lot of Z1 for your money, but the newer styling isn't to my taste. (you can probably tell my age - I like the 80's Z1 best...)

I'd be tempted by Its_just_a_ride's 848 - it's a lovely looking machine. But it's a looong way from here, and I do see the sense in getting something a bit more upright.

Bradders, I looked at the Aprilia Tuono as I wondered what your 'different needs' might be. I concluded that I'd probably kill myself if i bought one. It looks mental.

10. AC, do you use yours?

11. 70's Z1?

12. Which is quite close to my needs ;)

13. No yiu won't,Tuono is a brilliant bike probably one of the best for road and ocassional track riding...you got a lot of electronics to look after you or to tame the power. Ohhh and that engine sound when above 7k.
    I spent one day setting up one of my mates 2014 Tuono (the guy rode only enduro before so he made a right mess trying to set up the suspension and even brake pedal was 1/3 inch above the footpeg LOL)

14. I'm not that old...

Seriously though, it's not a bad idea. Didn't they have a reputation for getting into tank slappers at high speed? (ooh errr)

15. What? His men's tits? :eek:

16. my money would be on the 748r :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yes

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. The only designated Z1 last century (of which I am off of) was in the 70's from 1972 to 1975 :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Fair enough. I bow to your extensive knowledge. (It must be tough to have all that information crowding together in your head :))

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information