1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Bikes to buy as Investments?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dave, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Yeah.. Used to own a Renault 5 turbo but ours was the special edition called the raider. If was owned by Renault themselves for 2 years at the same time Mansel was driving for Renault and when he was in the country after racing on UK tracks it was driven round (by him sometimes) as a sales gimmick. It was benetton blue with gold wheels, strapped intercooler and a full stainless system with a vented bonnet... It was lovely... Sold it to pay for the roof on our first house. If i can find a pic I'll put it up. The wife drove it as I had my gsxr. I wanted to put a dump valve in but got stopped by her... The best offer was "I'll give you a sodastream and every time I change gear you push the button... Otherwise fuck off."

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wasn't there a very pokey Renault five with the engine in the back?

3. I had 2 R5GTT's, one of which was also a raider!

You are thinking of the rear wheel drive Turbo2.... go look at the prices of those!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I also nearly bought a mint Lancia Delta Integrale EVO 2 in 2000 for £18k....

IMG_2588.PNG

IMG_2589.PNG

5. Notice how they are up for sale and not sold at those prices.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Very good point. I have a 'friend' who works at a well-known classic car auction firm. What they get up to at public auctions giving the impression that cars have 'sold' would be severely punished if they were regulated properly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not really bikes, these are they..?

8. Sorry, almost on thread still, just a mild deviation.

9. True. Same problem when you try to chose a price to sell anything. I always go to the low end of the advertised prices because there are a lot of dreamers just putting a high price to see if anyone bites.
    Sorry! Just trying to add to the whole point that sometimes it is hard to guess what will go up, and by how much.

10. I bought several bottles of wine as investment a while back. Didn't work out to well. Good party though.

11. That reminded me of a joke.... IMG_2591.PNG

12. Taxes go up, knickers come down. Stick to that and you won't go far wrong.

13. I have a new 99 R1, oh, and a new GSXR1000K1 :D:Angelic::Bag:

14. Hoping my hyper 1100 evo sp will appreciate over time.... Hopefully I'll be able to hold on to it... Does mileage have an effect on prices over time or does it get to the point where as long as it's in good working order "it is what it is?"

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

15. Low mileage and owners are positive for value. FSH, documentation and original condition positive as well.

16. I'm at 10k already! Plus mines in pramac/sc project colours.... So that's that out! And I'm the 4th owner...

17. Trouble is, I can't the k of ANY modern regular bike that will be the SPS or R1 or FSIE of the future if buying new today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The new zx10rr looks a good bet...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information