1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Bikes to buy as Investments?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dave, Oct 12, 2013.

1. You don't need to, you need circa 15 year old which are on the turn! R1's have bolted (already doubled or tripled in price) K1 GSX=R's as intimated above are just starting to head north. Always buy on the turn, or where you think it is at least.

2. You really need a good launch model, 2004 C1H was it?

#242 Exige, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2016
  3. I do wonder if the RR4 blade will be collectable, as the first undersea and 1000 cc blade

4. No idea but 500 zx10rr s tells me they're rare from the word go...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

5. Picture a crated r1m in 20 years time.... Tell me someone wouldn't pay for that!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. probably about 20k, same as they would maybe for a crated R1 from '98. Bit then it will cost 20k now and with the cost of money will be worth far less really

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sounds like a resounding no then...

8. 996 sps is what you want chaps!!!

9. I wonder what a mint Honda CX 500 Turbo goes for these days.

10. For a ten year investment get niche bikes like the scrambler, the honda cb1100, husky 701, bmw t90, ktm duke 690, honda crf250l. If they have something sexy today they will have it tomorrow too.
    On the other hand you can buy high power pre euro4 bikes, because when we get to euro5 specs all bikes will weigh a ton and will need huge displacement engines to produce decent power. And then come the electric bikes.

11. That's a lot of bike for your money. Don't know about an investment, but very good cheap fun. You could do pretty much anything with that.

12. If you mean the Ducati Scrambler, I don't think that's going to be very niche. Their aim is to sell oodles of them.

I get the feeling that investment bikes are either things that already had a big wow factor in their day as new bikes, or were ubiquitous things that defined a generation but which have all now been crashed or rusted away. I'm trying to think of what bikes these days do define the young generation. Probably nothing. Computer games maybe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The nuttier the bike the more will get trashed, therefore become rarer.... So I'll be holding on to my evo sp!

14. As this thread started in 2013 and now 9 years down the line, the question's who got it right & who bombed out.:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 2
  15. People who bought LC350's for £2500, had fun riding them are now selling for them £7000. Does that count?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information