1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Crash Helmet

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Steviegtr, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Had two AGV's bounce off the tarmac and both time the head's they where protecting have been fine - a severe concussion.

Now trying out an 803 x lite, hopefully not properly.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. AGV all the way K3 Corsa & Pista

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shoei gt air. The. ultimate ears plugs and screen spacers greatly improved the buffeting and wind noise on my 1260 multi.

Tried my mates arai and found it noisier than the shoei - noticeably more on one side of my head.... think it was a decent model but felt quite a bit heavier.

Arai’s have never fitted well, but Shoei’s have always seemed to.

Interesting feedback on other lids as thinking about a flip front one next for touring so time to check them out. Cheers!

4. For a flip-up helmet, I bought one of these for last summer..really great lid!

[​IMG]

5. I always used to wear Shoei helmets. They no longer seem to fit, not sure if the lack of hair on top has something to do with it. They are either drum tight and uncomfortable or too big and slop around. Tried on loads of different model Shoei last year and none were right for me. Arai, I could not find a good fit either.
    So, last year I bought one of these
    https://www.eurobikes.fr/casque-mot...MIpt_WrpDR6gIVR_hRCh3EnAYcEAQYEiABEgLhMfD_BwE
    Chosen on reviews, vents and more importantly fit. Lovely fit for me, snug without feeling like my head is in a vice.
    It has been a nice surprise though. Very good finish, ventilation is excellent. Supplied with a tinted and a clear visor, pinlock and bag. So no need to spend a small fortune extra. Have fitted my intercom recently and the helmet seems to accommodate that better the the Shoei did.
    It seems to be one of the quieter helmets I have owned, however different motorcycles and rider height play a big part in that.

6. Shoei/AGV .
    Arai look like LEGO made the helmets.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Shoei changed their shell shape about 3 years ago, I went from an X-Spirit III large to an X-Spirit III X large which as you found wasn’t a snug fit. Shoei however do 3 different sizes of cheek pads and lining, I wasn’t happy forking out an extra £70 on top of a £600 helmet but I’m still a Shoei head so needs must. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. My experience from my last Shoei was get it fitted in a store and they'll provide whatever size pads you need in the price. That was 3 years ago, have things changed?

9. Not had a Shoei for years so can’t comment but hear a lot of positive feedback on them.
    In recent years I’ve had Arai and AGV. For road riding and comfort Arai all the way. For track use it’s the AGV Pista. Excellent lid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. For a number of years now I have tried to coincide a visit to the bike show at the NEC in November/December when I’m looking for a new helmet. Paid dividends 18 months ago with my Neotech II, I paid cost price + 5% for it including the Sena SRL. Win some, lose some. Andy

11. Years of arai rx7s thought they were great but too expensive! Especially one in particular! Brand new first time wearing and high sided ! Wrecked it! Last few helmets have been shark race pro carbon! Wish I’d switched to them years ago! Spot on!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information