1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Euro Track Day...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by JohnnySea, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Me either ....

@Advikaz why not copy & paste,

Hi, I'm Advikaz and I instruct for FE, my thoughts on this are

And just start every post with it ... saves trying to shoehorn it in ... just a thought ....

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Also have good experience with pacedayz and no limits in Spain.
    would recommend both.

3. Thx fatbob. Have had some really good feedback on this post and really really appreciate it.

4. It’s a shame pacedayz don’t do more euro days as I’ve found them to be the best! Tracy in particular always makes an extra effort, as a first euro I would guess Potrimao would be a little tricky! Quite technical! Perhaps cartegena or one of the less technical tracks would be easier as an introduction? Though you can never go wrong with Jerez as it truly is fantastic! You will I’m sure have a great time wherever you decide to go and with any of the companies,I’ve met some great chaps over the years on euros!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Another vote for Pacedayz. I cant vouch for any of the other providers as it is the only overseas trackday Ive ever done (Jerez) but if it hadnt been for Covid I would also have done Alcarras with them by now. As Philm states above Tracey is excellent and really goes out of the way to ensure newcomers are supported by the excellent team. Somebody else has already commented on the on the qualitity of the attendees and that was my observation. Up until my overseas experience I was normally a mid novices rider, therefore placed myself in novices at Jerez. During the 3 days I only overtook one person in the novices group and left happy but a bit deflated with my perceived level or performance. However at my next UK track day I I was surprised to find that my riding had improved significantly and have since comfortably been holding my own in Inters. Im not saying this was due to Pacedayz but I suspect due to three days of focussed riding on a top quality circuit, low numbers and good riders. Constantly being overtaken by better riders and trying to follow certainly provides motivation!

#25 IanR, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Seems another way to see who is a good company, is how you get treated after a major theft.

7. I've done Almeria and Portimao with Focused Events. Whilst their organisation is lacking a little bit you generally seem to get more tracktime for the same money as No Limits (i.e 4 days on track compared to 3 days). Booked back at Portimao with them in May next year.

My costs on both events including absolutely every penny spent relating to the trips was about £1600 for each. But we ate well and didn't at any point scrimp on anything. Plus stopped an extra night after the event so it wasn't a mad panic to leave after the bikes were loaded. Could easily save £2/300 if not more but I treat it as a holiday too so not really bothered what it costs within reason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I prefer to stay an extra night if poss, for the reasons you mention. However, my hombres often have work/nagging harpies to return to. I also do like a 4 dayer :). FE can/do offer good VFM on these events, worth checking single room supplements (if these apply to you) as these can be high on some FE euros. Price of tyre changes can also be high with them, I always go with fresh rubber fitted if poss.
    Hoping to get more in for 2021, pissed off with C-19 f'ing everything up!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Start off at Cartegena or Almeria with NL/FE. Cheap, almost always good weather and will let you into it gently.

Get more adventurous and expensive at Mugello (best in my view), Jerez, Aragon & Portimao.

It is weirdly addictive and you will meet the best people.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It's bloody addictive! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ad Brno and you have the best set.

12. I have heard and seen so much about Brno I am in for the NL double header with SlovakiaRing NL 2021.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tempting, so many track so little time...:D

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information