1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1000 Best Place To Buy Ohlins Fork Seals

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by CRYSTALJOHN, Apr 11, 2019.

1. I would be grateful to know the best place to buy fork seals for my 1000S DS which has Ohlins forks. Or, if there are any alternatives?

Cheers, John.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. @PeterT
    Cheers Peter. Unfortunately those seals are for a 1000Ds ( non Ohlins ) I have a 1000S DS ( with Ohlins)

3. they have both

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Moto rapido do sell an Ohlins seal kit, which comprises of 2 x seals +2 x dust seals for a whopping £87.41.

Ideally I would like to buy an individual seal.

5. Thanks Peter I'll check that out.

6. What seal is weeping John?

7. Have you tried the milk bottle trick yet?

8. I did have an attempt to clear out any debris with a feeler guage which was unsuccessful. I was aware of the Sealmate tool, or making one myself out of a Milk bottle plastic. Maybe now you have mentioned it I will give it another try.
    I have a feeling; having already done one seal on the other fork leg, that the the Ohlins seals don't last that long, so had already resigned myself to putting an new seal on.

Just called WeeMoto. Although they don't advertise a seal kit for the 1000S DS, they called their seal suppliers and have come up with a generic seal:https://www.wemoto.com/parts/picture/ms-kar4301.
    Result.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I believe that KTech do their own "improved" seals for Ohlins. I have them in my 749R KTech/Ohlins forks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's the info I was kinda hoping for R. I was aware that there is a seal available with 'Twin compression springs', as opposed to the single spring in the o.e.m seal, I didn't know who made/dealt with them though.
    I'll give KTech a call.

11. @RickyX Just ordered a pair of 'Improved Longer lipped' seals from KTech for my Ohlins forks for £17.95 + vat+ pp.

FSS-021 FF OIL SEALS PAIR OHLINS/SOQI 43x55x11/14 NOK 1.00 0.00 1.00 0.00 17.950 0.00 17.95

Chap I spoke to was telling me that most of the seals are from one supplier anyway!

#13 CRYSTALJOHN, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. I've got one of the seal mate plastic strips but I'm struggling to dislodge the dust seal that would allow me to use it without marking the bottom of the alloy fork tube, (precious I know, but there it is). Any hints tips in an appropriate method/tool.

13. a plastic trim tool is what works wonders, get one from fleebay cheap as chips.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information