1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Place (world) To Live +50 / Not Working - Opinion, Advice And Discussion

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Go to the Isle of Wight air con. English speaking and abroad lol

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. We can until Brexit, then we'll be treated like Americans and there's big implications for the amount of money you need in the bank in order to get free healthcare over there.

3. For the UK, Cornwall is a great place for retirement. I wouldn't have moved out unless I needed work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Never again... went to buy an RC30 and came back with a ZXR750 H2 :mad::mad::mad::mad: :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart: :motorcycleduc: :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:
    And "retired" bank robbers run the only ferry company! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

#644 AirCon, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. It looks really small..... but clearly in the same part of the world. If you go anywhere that small you know it's going to be really expensive.
    The Cook islands is where NZ's honeymoon, a bit like Hawaii for rich yanks.
    That said, you can't take it with you, so next time we are in Rarotonga we'll make the trip.

#645 AirCon, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2019
  6. Lol lol lol
    Come to live in France with me then and we can be curmudgeonly cunts

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. That's another of the bonuses - it's less expensive than Bora (or was 2 years ago).

8. France... let me think about that for a second....
    NO.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Are you talking about Spain?

10. Not sure that's entirely correct. Spanish government have already stated that they're prepared to give 300k expats residency status should Brexit happen.

11. We're currently looking at moving to Axarquia. You need a hell of a lot less in the bank to qualify for their free healthcare before Brexit. Need something like £70K more post-Brexit (which we need to spend on the move/house purchase).

12. I must admit that I've not looked into their free health care. Obviously as it stands we can get cover using the EHIC card which won't be available after Brexit. If you become a Spanish resident and pay income tax in Spain you'll qualify for Spanish health care anyway?

13. Only after a 5 year qualifying period with money in the bank (post-Brexit).

14. I believe Romania is cheap and nice in parts :D

15. Even with the Spanish government offering residency, you'll still need to wait 5 years as a Spanish resident paying Spanish income tax before you'll get health care?

16. Romania is a beautiful country. I'd love to go back on the bike and do some touring. Really enjoyed my time there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeah, its full of fvcking Tories, i know i lived there for 60 years.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Three vehicle ferry crossings, two high speed cats, and a hovercraft, all of 'em robbers . Why ? because they can.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information