1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Place (world) To Live +50 / Not Working - Opinion, Advice And Discussion

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Mar 1, 2018.

1. My father in law lives in Riberac, Dordogne, very English speaking, he's not bothered learning anything and seems to get by just fine.
    A proper little England.
    The south of Spain used to be the same, although I can't vouch for it now.
    There's some lovely little pockets in the Pyrenees.
    I think the Portugal shout is a good one except the sea is cold.
    Bucks has a lot to offer, in the middle of London and Oxford, can be expensive but there's always exceptions to the rule.

• Like Like x 1
  2. We are going 2-3 times in a year, one of the bests places to ride offroad :)
    £35 accomodation/night incl. continental breakfast and £6 for a 3 course a la carte meal and lager is no-brainer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I hear Croatia is still cheap but stunning, might have a ride out there next year, who knows, could be some bargains there, it's like Italy without the prices apparently.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I like Bucks, however I hoping to pull a bunch of cash out of the house and sell the business... so it's not a lot cheaper than where we are, in fact some of it is more expensive.
    Typing Buckinghamshire into Zoopla and sort high to low, then you are 15 pages in before you get under £1,000,000

5. I've drunk stuff like that before "Black Death 18%"... woke up covered in curry, blooded nose and the women in the family wouldn't talk to us...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I fucking loves dem overcrafts tho

7. Are they back running..... I loved them as a kid... deafening.... I thought the last one went years ago.
    [​IMG]

8. I haven’t been to Portsmouth for years but I believe they are still running between ryde and south sea.
    Loved em I did. Perseverance and tenacity were the 2 in service from years ago when I was a kid

9. That's the big stretched mofo that ran the English Channel, A babby passenger only one still running IOW.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. I love them.... a very British / English invention...

11. Very Isle of Wight first one built and flown June 1959

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Perhaps you are thinking of Princess Margaret ...

13. I thought Isle of Wight residents got discounted rates for the ferry crossings?

14. should be free..........

15. I'll check my "labour says everything is free" advent calendar in the morning, you never know. :D:party:

16. Some contractors companies have their own account, my youngest who lives there and is a sparks gets me a cheapie if i need to travel about £50 return car and up to 4 passengers. Peak summer crossing you can be paying £150 !!!

• WTF WTF x 1
  17. Here at the Hovercraft Museum, we have lots of things to do and see. The Hovercraft Museum is a working museum and is constantly restoring, preserving and maintaining the craft in our care. Our engineering hangar is open to visitors to see the craft being worked on and many of our craft such as The Princess Anne, BH7, SRN5, and SRN6s can be boarded and experienced first hand! Here are some of the highlights:
    SR.N4 – “The Princess Anne”

[​IMG]
    The SR.N4 (Saunders-Roe Nautical 4), or Mountbatten class hovercraft, is the largest commercial hovercraft ever built and served for over 30 years as a fast cross-channel ferry between Dover, UK and Calais, France. After the mk3 upgrades to the craft, it was able to carry over 60 cars, and 400+ passengers. To this day the SR.N4 craft holds the record for the fastest car-carrying commercial channel crossing at an impressive time of 22 minutes.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Is there a Prince Andrew?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. Ir there was a Prince Andrew, it could be over in a flash, no sweat, with no recollection of riding on her at all.
    You could go on her a few times, just don't tell mummy.
    If asked you could say you went for a pizza, unbelievable I know.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information