1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Race Gloves

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Pablo Pirate, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Genuinely think A stars stuff is shit.

I had two shunts with A star GP pro’s and although no crash is the same, I fucked my hand in both crashes ! (They didn’t crash well either)

since I swapped away from Alpinestars I’ve not had an issue. Crashed in my handroids and they’re perfectly fine. No hand issues either

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Another up for Knox Handroids. Very comfy, tactile and crash well. I had a long slide down the tarmac with mine and despite my fingers stinging like fek, my gloves were perfect. Like magic! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Held for me, crashed twice in a pair of Phantom's, once on track (Snetterton) and second time on the road, still wear them, only mark is to the knuckle area!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BKS does off-the-peg gloves now, not just made-to-measure suits: https://www.bksleather.co.uk/shop/gloves/

[​IMG]

How about their BKS 003 gloves (excellent scaphoid protection)? Who could resist race gloves with such a snappy name :) ?

In the MotoCAP tests, Five RFX-3 gloves scored a paltry 1-star rating. I like the MotoCAP tests - very informative - and probably the most trustworthy testing for bike clothing.

https://motocap.com.au/products/gloves

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Has anyone come across brands that cater for square-er hands? Someone mentioned the Kushitanis suit their long fingers. I have the opposite. In fact to me most gloves have (too) long fingers.

My current Held Phantom IIs have been OK but recent purchase of a V4 with it's excellent quick shifter has highlighted an issue. Because the only time you use the clutch is when you want to start or, OMG!, stop it means any glove faffing occurs right at that critical moment. I find the little (4th) and 3rd fingers foul the lever as I reach out which is a bit of a distraction when a stationary vehicle is only metres away. They've always done it on the old bike but rarely an issue when I was casually easing the clutch down through each gear. Forefinger and middle finger are just right.

Had these about 3, nearly 4 years. Never tested but still seem functionally good although the black leather has faded a lot on the sunny side. Btw the brushed metal knuckles look cool and offer good protection but they scratch if you look at them.

20200618_120359.jpg A good thing about Held is their gradual sizing. Mine are 9.5 which I think is between L and XL but still not quite suited to me. Most brands I'd have to go XL for width but then all the fingers are just too long.

6. get some custom made ones dude ?

7. Where can you get custom-made gloves? Does Held still offer made-to-measure gloves (I heard it had stopped)?

8. Pretty sure held still do them?

• Like Like x 1
  9. what about bks or scott leathers?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thread resurrection!!

I’m in the market for some new gloves. Currently have some 1 season old alpinestars gp pros, but just don’t get on with the fit of them. Was looking at the Dainese full metal 6 or Knox Handroid a bit the reviews of the know all say the thumbs are randomly a bit long!

just wondered what the current favoured glove is of 2020 really?

11. I went from the Alpinestars gp pro’s to the Knox Handroid. And I’m glad of the move. Much prefer the Handroid’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dainese full metal for me! On my 4th pair! Crash well and very comfortable!

13. Steer clear of boxing gloves. Especially those 16oz things.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Summer I use Handroids, colder weather Dainese somethings with metal knuckle bar. Forgot what there called but so comfy.

15. Thanks for the responses. I think I have it nailed between the handroids and the full metal 6.. probably whizz over to D store tomorrow and get a pair of metals as at least I can try them on

16. I have knox gloves fit well snug, I’m set to buy another pair for when the weather turns colder.

17. Jaysus, thems some shovels. Bit off topic, Met this guy on a tour in Morocco, he was a date farmer and had hands the size of my head. I wear xxl a stars just for some perspective. 234D617F-4530-4FE5-8DF1-9C288830266A.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information