1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Race Gloves

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Pablo Pirate, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Decided on dianese full metal so will see how I get on

• Like Like x 2
  2. Finally managed to get a pair of Kushitani Gpr's, gorgeous bit of kit. Despite the lack of hard armour they feel a little stiffer than i was expecting, more so than street gloves but less than the usual race style stuff.
    Obviously dropping £200 without being to try them on is a bit of a gamble, normally I wear an L in gloves so braved the Xl which thankfully fit well. The thumb is about 1cm too long though, to the point it actually makes undoing them a bit of a faff, not a massive issue but probably no good for those with stumpy digits.
    Not ridden in them yet but they dont have much/anything in the way of venting so things might get a little toasty in this heat. To be fair i've cursed gloves being too cold far more often than being too hot in the uk so again probably not a big deal.
    They dont seem to come with any care instructions, not a problem for the leather parts but no idea what the Zylon should be cleaned with. I'm being pretty picky at this point as I dont think I ever clean my gloves bar them getting caught in the rain.
    Overall dead chuffed with them and would definitely recommend them to anyone brave enough to buy gloves without trying them on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Im really happy with mine

They are old tech and ive not used them in anger but the fit and feel suit me really well

Did you speak to jonny?

4. No, his name came up in a few places but as far as I could tell the uk carrier has gone. I ended up getting mine from the states.

5. Hey, last track session I had I found my hands getting pretty moist and sweaty while driving and was afraid of my hands slipping off the wheels so I think gloves are in order for next track event. I wanted to know what you guys are using and how do you like them. Pictures are very helpful so please don't hesitate to post pics!

6. Whilst driving?
    Slipping off the wheel

7. Every pair (I would say 5 or 6 total) of Alpinestar GP Pros I owned have split open along one or more of the finger seams. One pair after just about 2 uses. I switched to Knox Handroid around 3 or 4 years ago and they are more comfortable, harder wearing, and survive an off much better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Just bought some Five RFX Race gloves and although they aren't cheap they're mega comfy. Used them at Alcarras a couple of weeks ago and they seemed to break in really quickly.

9. #89 Freerange_egg, Apr 21, 2024 at 10:03 AM
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2024 at 11:29 AM
  10. I’ve had a few Dianese and Alpinestars but have settled on the Knox Handroid. Comfy and crash tested. Like em…

11. I bought those last year for racing and once they're on they are good but what a faff they are to get on and off! They do crash well though :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. That’s a point actually. UK track days require a wristband check for every session. It’s quite a frantic faff pulling the glove back on… o_O

• Like Like x 1
  13. Although I’ve retired now from riding. These are the absolute daddy!

IMG_2700.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information