1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Tail Pack?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Vader, Feb 22, 2021.

1. One of my concerns with Kriega was that the straps would mark my paintwork, especially as it’s matt black.
    I needn’t have worried. Brilliant strap system is held totally clear and is very secure even when pushing on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kriega. Been said.

Waterproof. It is secure, maybe need to be careful how you fasten it. Once you get the hang of it, no worries. Works best when full.
    Had mine for 7-8 years now and apart from being a bit dirty, woks like new. Probably I could give it a wash. Mine is the 20litre, has a zipped part on the top. Ideal for gloves and waterproofs for quick access. Anything inside a bit more difficult.

If we are ever allowed in hotels again I will probably use this on the monster.

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you use the Supersport built in straps under the seat with a Kriega, then nothing touches any paintwork.

4. Think I’d struggle to get my gloves and waterproofs in my US20 zip compartment ,especially as has been said they work best when the inside is fully loaded.

5. Usually just loosen one strap. Easy enough. Gloves are normally shorty hot weather job though, not bulky. I dont get on well with waterproof gloves and the liners sticking to wet hands when stopping for fuel.

6. Thanks all, there’s loads to choose from. Pity Shad don’t do them, I have their tank bag which is a good one

7. Kriega... Bloody autocorrect. :joy::mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I have a Kriega and a collection of several tank bags that has built up over the years. The K is such a faff, I've fitted it, then never used it, because I didn't want that faff on my trip. Instead I've tended to select the tank bag that suits the purpose best and fitted that to the pillion seat, or rack, depending on the bike I'm taking. Most tank bags have easy access pockets and come in a variety of carrying capacities, plus the map window on top, so you can check whatever reference material you might want to put in there, saving yourself a rummage looking for it in the tank-top tank bag. As such, I've never felt I was missing out on any aspect of purpose made tail packs

9. I’ve used a Kriega US-30 on my Monster for trips to France and Germany. Brilliant and don’t see what is a faff?

I also strap a US-10 to the top of it which holds my waterproofs, spare gloves and other gubbins. Strap system works great.

10. I bought some plastic vac pack camping bags a few years ago which compresses your clothes and allows you to pack more stuff in a tight space - also provides a second layer of waterproofing - I used them with a borrowed pair Kreiga bags which were a faff but we got pissed on for hours and everything was bone dry, I bungeed my waterproofs on the top. One of the guys had a Givi EA114BK roll bag which was cheap, kept everything bone dry and had the least faffing (on a VFR) I’m planning on buying one of those as it’s like a trip is on the cards this summer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. First time it's a faff, second time less of a faff... third time it's business as usual. Bombproof.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. What size are you thinking? How many ltrs? Approximately.

13. Not a massive one, I like the idea of an expanding one. 15 Litres or so.

14. Not exactly elegant but worked a treat and remained solidly in place. I like creased clothes anyhow. 1E1BCC57-E39C-4459-804F-04481E12DC46.jpeg

15. Roll your clothes = fewer creases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Only ever used Ventura rack and bags - can't fault them

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. What, and ruin my street cred?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Depends on how low it was to start with

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. OK perhaps I should have said “ even further”!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information