1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Betty Is Dead!

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Bluehawk, Aug 15, 2017.

1. 1198'S sound mental with a full system mate!! @Cupid Stunt

2. Mines not an S but I am sure that one letter wont make much difference to the sound :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Lol I didn't mean 1198s's just 1198's in general. :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I gathered mate its ok I am not a thicko onest guv
    I want to put it on track at least once but heard they have lowered the DB limits.
    Last thing I want to do is pay out for a track day to have it fail the noise test.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I've never had a problem with mine on track matey.

6. As new they are a copper colour, perhaps they're not rusty? If the exposed threads look a bit furry give them a scrub with a small brush and some brake cleaner then penetrating oil. Obviously make sure the tool is well seated before you try and crack them open. They're not supposed to be torqued particularly tight.

Order new nuts and manifold gaskets as both are cheap.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. IME bikes with fairings tend not to suffer from seized manifold nuts as bad those without.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. So, some advice from those who've been down the road before me....

I've stripped most of the ancillaries now. Just about to remove the airbox..

Do I need to take off the throttle and choke cables first?

Any other tips for me about sequence, tips, cheats or just general sweary word saving techniques to get the engine out?

Cheers in advance.

G

9. I wriggle the air box up just enough to get to the cables on the throttle bodies. But the front air box screw is a bitch!

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's the one I'm scratching my head over. The jubilee clip on the inlet manifold was more that's enough fun...

11. That's the one I'm scratching my head over. The jubilee clip on the inlet manifold was more that's enough fun...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information