1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Accident Mr. Air Con

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Buttons are in awkward spot for tablet flickers . Im always posting something I shouldnt .

2. I know I have to be careful on my iphone :)

3. Bunch of twats on this forum...

Finger slipped [emoji23]

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. back at ya.
    mine too. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. Sorry, not updated for a while.

It's nearly 7 months since my accident and a couple weeks longer for my brother.

After a poor/slow investigation by the Police* both accidents were deemed to be our fault.
    This is due to lack of independent witnesses. When one vehicle that pulls into a larger road, from a smaller or "give way" road and an incident happens, is is that driver who is at fault. This being the default position.
    No action taken against anyone, as no one appears to be at fault.

My brother had the upper part of his right leg badly damage in his accident and is struggling with the metal work supporting his femur. The screws are impacting on his knee joint and the stick and socket joint to his new false leg. This is means he cannot bend his knee joint to 90° or more. Further he gets pain in the lowest part of the weight bearing part of his leg. This is limiting his working to every other day.

We continue to install, repair and service air conditioning systems, albeit at a slower rate.

I can walk unaided, albeit not far and my knee and ankle joints are very stiff / painful.
    Due to the efficiencies of the NHS my leg physioterriost action hasn't started yet, but my hand physio has been and gone.
    My hand is painful, limited, but I'm exercising it every day to increase range, accuracy, dexterity and strength.

I've made a pact with myself that I'll not ride until I can clamp at +30Kg. Your typical office worker can pull +25Kg right to a weight lifter or free climber at +70Kg. My right hand (previously damaged in a roof fall in 2012) can clamp at +50Kg.
    Sadly on the left I vary from 18 ~ 24Kg at the moment, so no riding until after Easter.

This was an xray of leg taken a week ago.
    I've been told no active sports or jumping, lifting or climbing (aka work) for 12 months.

And yes that is a crack / fracture you can still see mending away.
    If you expand the picture you can see the holes in my leg where the rods were attached on the frame.
    2016-03-04 09.52.40.jpg

I've taken no pain killers since the beginning of December, when the loose metal frame was removed. I remain on 300mg of Pregablin (nerve blocker) as it helps with the physio exercises.

Mentally I'm doing ok.
    Need to loose 3 stone of ugly fat; no, not by decapitation.
    At 49 now I'm finding it a lot easier to go next door for a pint than going for a swim.
    I want/need help from the physio to get me walking straight again and without a limp.
    I remain convinced that I may need more work on my knee (and ankle) joint.

On the ribs / lung / spleen front I seem to be ok'ish, just a little down on capacity on the left side.
    I've purchased a airbag bib/tabard as I CANNOT go through this again.

To top it all I've a small possible cancer scare at the moment, but I'm sure we all know someone in that position.
    Thanks for showing an interest.

*Video evidence of the actual accident/incident from two cameras was available for 21 days after, but due to slow allocation of resources it was lost.

#1125 AirCon, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2016
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. So all good then ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Paul, so far you've shown yourself to be strong. Continue doing what you're doing. I'm sure it will get better! All the best!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. That was a joke.

Your really using the nhs facilities by the looks of things , just take it easy and try not to push to hard , you know everyone is thinking about you and your brother. Bummer about the pice investigation though .

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. Oh and the @Count came to visit me when I was in hospital...just found this.

count photo bomb.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. amazing how a life can be turned upside down in the blink of an eye. And if you just had left 1 min earlier or later it never would have happened.

Stay strong mate. All the best to you and your bro. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Just found the Xray of my knee.
    knee.jpg

For the sake of clarity this is a stock joke image from the INTERNET.

#1131 AirCon, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1

12. Omg your pregnant !!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. You have a bone in your cock, and why is it so tiny - are you an alien :Wideyed:

14. George the Xray technician wasn't arousing me. On my planet we don't find men with beards attractive.

15. Earth?

16. I have said it before but I genuinely admire your positive attitude and apparent lack of bitterness.

17. yip. you prefer them clean shaven

18. Life is literally too short to let negative thoughts dominate,.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. I explained before @finm ...I'm way too ugly to be gay and I'm sure my wife you have said something by now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bugger, and I have just grown one............(actually, I have been working as the stunt-stand in for Leonardo de Caprio) (I said 'stunt')..............or to put it another way............I'm too damn lazy to pick up a razor........

PS......You are a motorcyclist, Paul............Of course it was your fault........

Hope the recovery is going OK......

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information