1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Accident Mr. Air Con

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Fimn's your wife :Wideyed:

2. now you know why i am always bitter. :Cigar:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. I would be too :(

4. I overheard @Exige talking about bears in the closet world
    :D

5. Please play in the not so serious thread!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I always make sure my cock's in a sling before agreeing to below the knee X-ray shots.
    Its just easier that way. You'll learn AC, now you've gone public.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Take care @AirCon ,thinking of you and sending well wishes,be great to maybe see you at our BBQ this year in June xx:upyeah:

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. I'm glad your recovery continues, even if not as quickly as you would like; I know what it's like, including the losing weight bit :(
    I only recently regained the use of my first floor at home (bedroom and bathroom) and, yesterday, after 4 months since my accident, was my first venture up my stairs without any support, although my ankle and foot were very swollen all evening afterwards.
    From your X-ray you appear to be remarkably metal free - my leg is full of titanium (which I generally prefer on bikes and or watches); I wonder how the decisions are made about external frame/cast vs internal pins, screws and plates.

Easy to say, but stay motivated and, although the physio is a sh*t, it should help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. yep stairs were the worst. I live in a very old house and the stairs are like ladders.
    Still can't walk down with both legs as I don't trust it or have the flexibility.
    Thanks for you kind words and yes I'm metal free....below the waist.
    This accident had nearly all the metal removed. Unlike my recent failing off a school roof (work)
    which resulted in loads of metal, but switched me from sports bikes to adventurer...a brilliant move...
    Good luck with your recovery.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Sounds to me that all things considered Paul you're doing pretty well after such major injuries........keep positive and you'll get there :D

Accident fault.........you accept the findings or would dispute that?
    I had no recollection of the crucial seconds preceding my crash and witness accounts were useless (he [me] came out of no-where.....he must have been speeding etc!), the police report allocated no blame either way and bearing in mind that I was 'filtering' odds were not in my favour....I was sure I couldn't be wholly accountable for what happened though so engaged a Scene of Accident Investigator (covered by no win no fee Solicitor deal)- two years later I won my case 60/40 in my favour (so got 60% of my claim against the lorry driver for my injuries, loss of earnings etc etc), could have gone to court but decided enough was enough!......and I was itching to 'compensate' myself with an MTS1200 lol

12. Thanks Andy, but I can't be arsed. Life is way too short and I'm lucky enough to be able to absorb the losses.

I've got two Pikes Peaks and haven't ridden either yet....few more weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. If any incentive were needed to get fit.............TWO PP's should do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope you're spending your time wisely......and the bikes are polished to the hilt! :D

14. You are absolutely right, it's amazing how something like this can recalibrate your brain. I found the simple fact that not every day was (and still isn't) a good day changes your perspective on things as you don't take good days for granted.

Being bitter about something you cannot change doesn't achieve anything. Keep going dude, it does get easier, and you are doing really well [emoji106][emoji41]

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. We should start a Ducati Forum 'metal micky' club!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. thanks for updating Aircon, glad youre both 'getting there' best wishes to you both :upyeah:

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. 7 months on, and that break in your shin is still massive - chapeau for the spirit you have and are showing. Makes me glad about the relatively minor break I had, and how well the docs put it back together - 8 weeks on and I am now starting to lift 3kg dumbells and can finally squeeze a forearm strengthener spring.

when you say "clamp at 30kg...", is that clamp and hold a dumbell, pulldown, or some forearm resistance method? sounds like a decent measure of useful forearm strength, and curious to know how you define it for consistency.

Good luck with the ongoing recovery process for both you and your brother.

Pete

• Like Like x 1
  18. Keep on keeping on,A/C.

• Love You Love You x 1
  19. Cheers Pete,

I've this meter thing that measures it. £25 from China on fleabay or £55 from EU.
    [​IMG]

I think it is the pressure you can exert in your hand if someone was pulling it away, not XXper square cm...if it was I'd be able to keep your Evo from leaving the car park.

Back about 4-5 years ago I'd be able to dead lift our 187Kg crane from the floor to waist height (lift in my van) and back again twice (to use for work)...all I needed for a days money. I'd never be an Olympic hero nor would many people bother me in a pub. Now i'm under 1/2 that weight for a lift and probably never again will I be back. When I fell from the school roof I had 47 "lands" for my tendons replaced / tethered on my right arm. Extension and reflexion seriously reduced due to replacement Ulna and other metal straps.
    After a while I was doing 4Kg weights from behind my head to my waist over 3mins (slower feels much worse), with a maximum rotate during the minute lift/move. My good hand.arm ended up being worst.

Keep at it...Maximum pain blockers or killers during phyisoterrorism...double the repetitions they say and increase load / hold time by 30%....increase pain relief where required. I may not make a good life coach, but it gets results.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information