1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Battery Chargers On Offer At Lidl

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by steve c, Jan 12, 2018.

1. I've had one of these hooked up to my 900ss for the last 2 years - can't fault it. Battery still like new.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's a 28 mile round trip to my nearest Lidl , they had better not have sold out when I get there thanks to you lot buying them all up. This will be my first shopping trip into a big town for years.
    Steve

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Nothing at the 'local' shop?
    upload_2018-1-13_9-3-52.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Thanks Nelson, that's really inspired me into making the epic journey this morning.
    Steve

• Like Like x 2
  5. Just been and bought a charger from Lidl. Had one of their older ones which I've been using for years on my XJR and Rover SD1. Brilliant piece of kit for the money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Asked the Mrs to get me 2 while she was on a shopping trip.
    Success.
    Perfect timing as guess what, I need two new ones and was looking at two Optimates which would have been nearly
    120 Quid.

You've gotta love a trip to the midl of Lidl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Is this thread a wind-up? Have I missed something???:eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. If you haven't purchased this charger, you are missing something. .....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Remind me never to come to lunch.
    .... that special fish sauce sounds a bit too* oily for me:D.

*Substitute Tue, to and two for our Antipodean or Scottish dyslexics.

10. Paul. I have just fitted my Ceramic mixer tap. I first showed it to a Plumber mate, who said it was quality item and thought the original price would have been more than £80. He's planning a trip to Lidl tmw to get a battery charger and a few mixer taps if they are available.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Have you more than one kitchen sink then John.:bucktooth:

12. I bought another one of these chargers today....I picked up an infrared thermometer at the same time (£12.99 I think). Great bit of kit

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fortunately, my local Lidl is only just a short walk away from me.

Popped in there yesterday and bought two chargers and also got a good deal on a couple of stepped drill bits and some rotary drill files.

They only had three chargers left when I went in there so clearly there has been a run on them as all other car items available on offer were more heavily stocked.

Once again well worth the money, and they don't seem to come up for sale that often as it's been a few years since I last saw them stocked locally.

14. There’s always chargers for sale on amazon for around £20 if you missed this.

15. Infra red thermometer??

16. Don't forget Aldi.
    My current (pun alert) charger came from Aldi. Between Lidl and Aldi these chargers come up fairly frequently.

17. Hi, I appreciate the price is very tempting, I was just wondering if it comes with the associated leads/connectors which enable you to in effect "plug it" into the wiring which I have fitted to my existing batteries on my bikes?

18. No it doesn't, just some not so good crocodile clips. My intention is to modify some units to match the sockets on the bikes.

19. Yes, I bought some of the connectors that have both male and female on each side of the connector, so they're assymetric and soldered to them into the wires with an Optimate type connector on the end to plug into the Optimate type connector permanently wired to the battery terminals.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information