1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Buying Companies

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Markmc, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Currently have my hyper up for sale, and put my bike details into we want your bike . Com.
    Fella rang me today and offered all most my asking price for it.
    He claims free collection, no haggling at all, money in my account instantly.
    Has anyone used these guys before?
    Almost sounds too good to be true.?

2. If it sounds to good to be true it usually is. No experience myself only third party horror stories. Driver rocks up and claims the bike isn’t as described so reduces the offer seems to be common. GLWS though. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Surely if he tries to beat me down, I can tell him to drive on.?
    It's not cost me anything for him to travel to my house. Mrs wants me to keep the hyper anyway, it's the only bike I have with a pillion seat.

4. Ask @Exige if he wants it......................he'll buy anything. Plus he's got readies in his pocket cos he's just sold his Aprilia :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yip, no wotsits, hard cash : £100? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Money in the bank and they come to you? Sounds like its win win.

7. A mate did the same thing, they simply turned up, checked it was what he said, made a call and the money was in his account within five minutes, then they took the bike after filling out the paperwork.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Not heard of 'we want your bike'. The first two main ones were we buy any bike.com and we buy any bike.co.uk (sales arm was / is Rite Bike)
    Superbike Factory bought a 999S off me - I had had it for sale a month with no bites - they offered close to asking price which was £500 more than I bought it for less than a year previous from Rite Bike. The guy turned up, didn't check the bike - money was transferred and he toddled off.
    What is there to loose?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I'm sure superbike factory are "We want any bike"
    He assured me it's that easy. We will see.

• Like Like x 2
  10. i sold my blade through one based in cheshire i think.
    The driver turned up ,did about 50 checks on the bike ,such as battery condition , tyres ,charging system ,brakes etc .
    The bike was spot on , the driver said i am supposed to knock you down on price but couldn't find anything wrong with it to do so .
    I had the bike advertised at £5300 ono , they gave me book price of £5000 with no knob heads to deal with.

• Like Like x 1
  11. a few on here would be interested

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. Damn blast - I thought that was real then, what gave it away was I don't pay for the women like you do the LB's :innocent:

13. i tried we buy any bike with my 06 999s, had it up for sale at the time for 7200, they offered me 4200 which i basically told them where to go, 3 weeks later they got back in touch and offered 5350, the guy told me he was going to keep the bike for himself, i had no interest letting it go at that and shortly after sold it for 6700

14. I was thinking of using the 'Sheffield Shop' for when I sell my R1, R6 and K1 as they seem to offer good prices and sell on commission with a good client list for any rarities that pop up :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  15. What kind of commission do they work on?

16. Not sure, just remember it being mentioned on here a couple of times and it stuck in my mind that it was a reasonable commission deal and someone mentioned they gave a great price for a Desmo - I guess it varies depending on what you have - it needs to fit their poshness I guess...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Update.
    They are coming tomorrow at 2pm for the hyper. Says I will be paid instantly after inspection, and there will be no haggling on price as long as I've described it properly.
    Will update tomorrow after they been.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information