1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Bike Crashed, Tell Me Wich Parts I Need To Order/change So Bike Can Work Again Properly

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by AlligattorVS, Nov 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone !

2 weeks ago on 11.8.2019 I was driving and suddenly car crossed me, I tried to escape but the car hit me and I don't remember anything.

I was flying for 40ft and fall into unconsciousness.

I was in hospital for 5 days and went all well after that, thanks God helmet saved me !

I'm here to post pics of my bike so you can see the damage and tell me wich parts for my bike I will need to order, since I have no insurance at all.

Pics here https://imgur.com/a/WPZJW7b

Bike is Ducati 848 Evo 2011

I'm sure that I need to get:

- Dashboard
    - Frame
    - Front wheel
    - Headlights
    - Levers (ORDERED)
    - Clutch reservoir
    - Brake reservoir
    - Forks
    - Tail, Side panels, Lower side panels, Front fairing panel

If there is anything more you see that I need to buy/order please feel free to tell me.

And also comment how does bike look, do you think it's repairable ?

2. Get yourself healed up first.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'm glad you're OK! I expect the forks are damaged and maybe the front Cam cover. Would cost a fortune to repair. Probably best to break for parts.

4. Bike is dead. As mentioned above, break for parts and start again, but....

As far as the insurance thing goes, your losses should be covered by the other driver if they were at fault,
    as long as you had enough cover to be legally driving.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Big crack in the frame

Scrap it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Hope you are on the mend, i also hope you didn't use the above in your statement the powers to be don't like the word "suddenly" as if you were not paying attention.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. "All of a sudden'
    "Without warning"
    "Out of nowhere "
    Etc..

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. As above - bike is a total loss... and needs to be scrapped. You will get much more value by breaking and selling remaining unbroken parts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. As all have said above, scrap. Break for parts.

10. I'm very glad to hear that you sound basically OK after your 40ft "flight". The loss of the bike is a minor detail in comparison with your health.

Assuming that the engine was in good health before you crashed, you could perhaps look around to see if anyone has another similar 848 for sale cheap with a broken engine (and needing new levers!).

11. Hi Alligator, it's sad but as everyone has said, looking at the headstock picture, you need to let the bike go. I hope there were witnesses to the accident, hope you heal quickly.

12. sorry mate, beyond economical repair.

13. The bike is dead, never to see the road again. :( R.I.P. :skull:

14. Thank you everyone for nice words but as I said I want my bike to get repaired

Why:

- Because I love my bike and I don't want another one

- Because I can't live without it

- Because I feel it like soulmate

I will do everything to make it works again so please wich parts should I order ?

I know it will cost me but I'm willing to pay the price !

Didn't want to act rude or anything smilar, thank you and drive safe !

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Buy a new bike.
    The time you've replaced everything, there wont be much of the original bike left. Plus it would cost you more.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Love the passion. As said it doesn't make financial sense to repair it, but if you're comfortable with that, then the easiest way is as mentioned, buy another similar bike with a wrecked engine and transfer what you want across.

or the longer way would be to completely strip the bike and filter out the parts which need replacing and replace individually. The frame needs to go for a start.

Try and claim on the other guys insurance even if you weren't covered?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Were you riding legally? I cannot see a licence/number plate.

18. I crashed my beloved 999 in the Summer.
    I have enormous sympathy with you because I was determined it wouldn’t be written off and with the help of members of this forum, it is back to its former glory.
    However, I was lucky that the bike was pretty lightly damaged, so it was possible to do.
    However, your bike is so damaged that by the time you have replaced all you need to, there will be very little of your original, much loved bike left.
    It would be like Grandad’s hammer, where your Dad replaced the handle and you replaced the head...
    Best bet, as has been said is to buy a second, ‘donor’ bike with a wrecked motor and make one good bike out of the two.
    Again, as has been said, pursue the driver’s insurance to pay for it all.
    Good luck and how are your own injuries???

• Like Like x 1
  19. If you are determined, this should be the 1st part you order. :confused:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. I had hemathom in my brain, now all good. Been into hospital for 4 days, now doing good, no problems, thanks to AGV Pista GP R wich saved my a$$. The Pista has hole like from bullet and just think what would happend to my head if I didn't had AGV ? That hole would be into my head, and about 848 I will start ordering parts by parts, I don't have any other options.

See pics of AGV and the hole wich i'm talking about: https://imgur.com/a/w30KDFE
    [​IMG]

#20 AlligattorVS, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information