1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Forums

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by J biker, Jan 8, 2018.

1. @noobie To be fair to @finm (I can be when I want)

I saw his post that was deleted quite quickly (I understand why) and a few leading up to that, including one of mine :innocent: I think Tel's just getting sick of some of it, hence deleting them.

I need a lie down now. :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. This post started off with someone saying how great it was and yet some of you decide to show the worst things about it.

Tell you what, use the ignore facility where appropriate.

And indeed I am getting pretty pissed off with the childish behaviour of some people.

Rein it in or I’ll do it for you.

• Like Like x 4
  3. stop making shit up and or take it to off topic, maybe pm me. fbe.

4. And peace resumes :):upyeah:

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. There's a bit too much personal abuse on here lately. It's always the same people too.

Jokes go too far. You're never going to "win" the Internet. I'm sure also that the usual suspects are quite nice in real life, smart people with sensitivities.

So why not be nice? Threads with loads of abuse in them don't make the form a nicer or more helpful place.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 2
  6. lately?

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. It upsets people, and may turn off potential contributors. A forum is only any good if people are posting. When discussion reaches personal digs, then standards need raising.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. zed forum is a nice place to be (well the one im on anyway) obviously theres not as many on there but, i gotta say in the 3+ years ive been on there, theres not been one raised word. The .com forum is much on a par with the uk forum. But, i will say that here the conversations are, a lot more diverse and it usually starts to go south when politics and religion are the talking points (of which both i dont really get involved in)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Try the Rev Counter. Worst bike forum on the planet. Knee deep in obnoxious and cowardly trolls.

10. I'm only on here. :innocent: I briefly joined the LC forum, but haven't been on for a good while.

If I didn't have Ducatis, I'd probably still come back. :D

You can have a laugh, get some good advice, hear some good tales from members, get a good deal on bikes or parts and make some friends. Don't take the politics too seriously and you'll be OK. :)

Oh, the wheelie bin pics are better than anywhere else on t'interweb. :heart:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. I joined the T5 forum a while back (it's a VW campervan thing), luckily enough Ive not needed any help or advice. The forum looks well populated but the response is so slow.
    I've had very useful campervan help/ advice and chit chat from our own forum member MrC.
    Sometimes in conversation I'll mention someone I know said this or that, only when quizzed do I mention it came from the Ducati Forum, and feel somewhat embarrassed.
    Maybe I've just not fully adjusted to the 'cyber friends' thing yet.....
    I'll stop now before it all goes a bit Charlie Brooker!

But ...I've said it before and I'll say it again "it's a good forum this" I think that's something we all can agree on.
    :)

#51 Carr01, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. You have Cybermen friends :eek:

13. Putting a positive spin on it (ET) this is the best forum ive been on ( i would say the ktm bunch do make me laugh ) its half the reason i own a hyper.

14. 8?........8?...

15. :D

[​IMG]

16. Mmmm, ginger :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I like gingers. :yum

18. Go well with tea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. They go well with everything (except the "other woman" - they don't react well to that).

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  20. In my opinion this is quite a good forum, there are one or two childish contributors but in the main it’s pretty good, the Honda SOHC (UK) is probably the gold standard, always polite and plenty of good advice, best thing to do with the idiot section on any forum is completely ignore them, they then get bored quickly and go away .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information