1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike In Garage Security.

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Paul55, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Have you called the police?
    There are several ways to make it difficult for bad actors to steal your bikes from your garage. Some of the ways you could consider include:

1. Use a bike lock: Use a high-quality bike lock to secure your bikes to a fixed object in your garage. This will make it difficult for thieves to simply pick up your bikes and walk away with them.

2. Install an alarm: You can install an alarm on your garage that will go off if someone tries to break in. This will alert you or your neighbors and potentially deter the thief.

3. Use a bike rack: Consider using a bike rack that allows you to secure your bikes to the rack with a lock. This will make it difficult for thieves to simply lift your bike off the rack and into their vehicle.

4. Make it hard to access: Make sure that the thief can't gain access to your garage easily. Use a secure door lock, and security cameras, and also consider installing a security gate or fence around your garage.

5. Use your surveillance camera: Your movement-sensitive camera with network alert and video can help you to detect any suspicious activity and to check who is there.
    It's important to note that no single method is foolproof, so it's best to use a combination of these methods to make it as difficult as possible for thieves to steal your bikes. And also, consider consulting with a locksmith SE8 or a security expert to help you to evaluate your garage security and to find the best solution for you.

#61 Noel Brahimi, Jan 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  2. I apparently go way over board with security

Cameras all round outside and in
    Alarm linked by internet with Sim card backup + external sounder
    Up and over ground lock
    Internal metal swing arm (old car park entry gate I salvaged)

Each bike has 2 ground anchors, Big chain through each wheel
    Monster disk lock alarms on front wheels
    Slimline disk alarms on back wheels
    And biketrac on both Ducatis!

Top that with a gravel driveway, with 3 dogs in the house who bark soon as someone steps on it then thats as much as I can do I think (plus some really nosey neighbours both sides!)

However, I know the security will only deter chancers - anyone who is serious/targetting it will know what they want and wont care about noise or anything like that, they will bring the cutters/tools and do whatever damage it takes to get what they want.

So its all just insurance at the end of the day, the more you can do the better. I sleep better knowing that stuffs there - if someone wants to steal from me, they have to work ruddy hard to take the things i've worked hard for decades to get!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is your garage in Nairobi?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. I’ve got two ground anchors with all bikes chained to each other at really awkward points, alarm, CCTV and a 130db master blaster sound bomb placed in the roof directly above the bikes. I’ve been in the workshop when it went off and its disabilitating 3 ft above your head and everyone within a mile thinks the Russians have nuked us.

5. Remove rear wheel and put somewhere else.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information