1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Insurance .

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by broke, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Has anybody on here been asked to provide photo copies, front and back of your driving licence when applying for insurance. If you have, do you know why ?

Due to circumstances I didn't renew when my (Ducati) insurance ended, I let it lapse for about six weeks, but when I eventually contacted them to renew, which they did, but to continue cover they now want me to provide photo copies. They have all my details from previous insurances, same address, same phone number and so on, they didn't even have to ask me my credit card number to pay for it even.
    I even provided them with the security code number to view my licence details on the DVLA website.
    p.s. my licence is still the pink paper one, no point in changing it as I have to renew in 2yrs time anyway.

2. I've never been asked for photo copies of my license, i use Bikesure(Adrian flux) bit odd.

3. No, not me. Been with Bemoto a few years but never asked by them or anyone else

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 chrisw, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1

5. I have along with my National Insurance number to be provided with insurance, same for hiring a van too.

AFAIK it's to ensure you are telling the truth, I can think of no other reason.

6. I get the van hiring but for insurance, never been asked.

7. I would have thought it would be in their favour if I was (which I'm not) telling a bunch of porkies, as they could then legitimately, and I don't think it would take them long to find out if I had, to refuse me if I made a claim.
    I have sent them an email asking why they need this so awaiting reply.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Never heard of that before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I have a traders insurance policy not that I'm a trader, it allows me to drive any car or van except super exotics even if I don't own them and the vehicle isn't insured by the owner.

• Like Like x 1
  10. They probably don't, if someone makes a claim against you should you be involved in an accident, I should think it cuts down on the drama their end to sift out the liars and cheaters before giving cover.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That could be why:thinkingface:, making the job a bit more hassle free.

12. I also get the vehicle hiring thing, but all you need there is your NI number and the pass code for the DVLA isn't it.
    If I sent them a photo copy of the front of my licence, or even the back of my licence, which I'm led to believe even the police can't take your licence out of its sleeve to look at the rear, I could still be lying, as in points or whatever haven't gone on yet ?
    What's pissing me off is what I believe to be totally unnecessary information gathering, the way things are going I'm sure if I farted they could tell when and where and for how long :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Don't think your right there DS, there's a reason why they ask you the same questions every year even though you tell them nothing's changed apart from your age, and that is so they can record your answers and then possibly use them against you should you make a claim. Which means they will trawl through your info anyway if you have an accident on the off chance they can renege on the deal.

14. My nephew recommended them, wish I'd gone with them now.

15. Who's it with and at what cost - I looked into this but got nowhere so gave up :thinkingface:

16. Thread moved

17. Aviva through a broker who does my public liability too, only cars though and motorcycles up to 225cc. around £700, I can find out the broker and DM it to you if you want to enquire further. I have it for moving vans around when I'm working on site also for cars I own.

18. Worth a try at renewal thanks :upyeah: was it not viable to add all bikes?

19. I didn’t ask the broker stated it was expensive.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information