1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Prices

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by David Hales, Aug 7, 2018.

1. ok there are a few sport classics and Paul smarts up for sale, but are they really worth what they are being advertised at, are they actually selling?

I have been offered a really nice standard paul smart for £14500 as it’s nit sold yet? And yet some have them advertised for anywhere between £17-£20k

Also had no offers or communication on my GT (advertised a bit high), some standard ones up for £8999, one the other day only got up to £5500

Just me having a few opinions

2. What people are asking and what people are getting are two different things...iv seen a sc1000s advertised on the bay of eeees for about 18k ish, there is no way on this earth its worth that ffs .

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ducati Manchester sold a Paul Smart about a month ago for £20k

4. If you're after ownership you have to pay for it that's the market place for you,just not sure why the £14500 has not sold maybe the KM's putting buyers off:thinkingface:

5. A low mileage Fila this week bidded up to around £11k reserve not met - the Sheffield shop shifted one this year Circa £22K...

• Like Like x 1
  6. So the paul smart I have found is a good buy then lol, just need someone to buy mine

7. Higher mileage equals lower prices though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. only done 1600 miles

• Like Like x 1
  9. Barely run in

• Like Like x 1
  10. These machines are now twelve years old so 1600mls is nothing it should be much higher for the year:upyeah:

11. A ps with 1600 miles. Nice.

#11 idrinkbeer, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Last time i looked mine was inbetween 1800/1900:motorcycleduc::)

13. A bike will sell for more at a dealer, that's definitely the case. I'd say that in the age of PCP someone has to both really want to buy your bike and also to have the cash.

I'd love an SC, but it'd have to be standard and ideally a monoposto. A bike someone else has personalised to their taste would be worth less to me as it'd need putting right, and I wouldn't know whether it had been done properly or quickly boshed together by someone without attention to detail.

I like the PS, not as much as the regular monoposto though as it's a bit spangly. If I was spending £20k though, there are many other bikes that offer more for that money. I'd be either saving a little more and buying a Paton or I'd be spending less than that on a real Italian classic. YMMV though and the PS has passionate fans.

• Like Like x 1
  14. A friend of mine took his PS to WDW a couple of weeks ago. Unless he was doing over 80mph it was uncomfortable to ride. In fact on the first day, having ridden across the mountains and over some pretty shitty roads he said that if he'd had a can of petrol and a box of matches that would have been the end of that bike.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. EL,I don't have any real issues on riding mine slow/fast i think it depends on your age/back/#mindset condition:thinkingface:and at the end of the day it's still a great looking machine:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Not disagreeing. It is a fantastic looking bike IMO. However it needs to be ragged to make sense riding wise as it is predominantly a race bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I'm not sure how the PS differs (slightly lower clipons?) but I don't really have an issue riding my biposto at slower pace on twisty roads; I actually remember loving the riding position and feel from the very first time I rode my SC, thought it was very natural for me given the sport nature of the bike and that it was the best handling & riding feel I've ever had.

Coming back to prices, I've seen some all over the place also, but they seem to be listed pretty high those days especially in the US and UK.
    Here in France they seem to be more around the 10k€ mark for most of the mono/biposto or S models. PS are much rarer so harder to give averages.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I find the 1000s the most uncomfortable bike iv owned but the most rewarding and enjoyable, ridden hard its so smooth and corners on rails.

• Like Like x 2
  19. I was going to sell my 06 mono that is heavily modified but can't see me getting the price i'm willing to part with it, the older I'm getting the more uncomfortable it is to ride any distance and you have to be nipping on in the twisty's to really enjoy it and keep the weight off the old wrists (that's what these bikes are for anyways)!!! If the prices go bonkers I will sell it but for now I'll just live with the pain and enjoy the noise:p:joy::joy::joy:

Difficult to judge now if these bike will be a future investment given the amount of modern retro's on the market these days, but IMO none of them have matched the Sport Classic Range yet for looks, so they are very difficult to let go of.

#19 Zards, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information