1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Shed/@ducbird

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by NOODS X, Jun 16, 2019.

1. After a recent visit to the bike shed in London with a refuel at a spaghetti house before seeing the Only Fools and Horses musical ( awesome ) I was struck by what to me is a beautiful transformation on the Full throttle Scrambler by Fastec racing ( contact [email protected] ) for the Bike Sheds owner Vickie/ Raven.. I spoke with Danny ( he’s in the video ) by phone yesterday regarding the one off parts they can produce along with parts they now make and carry on their website for general sale, including res covers and levers etc, really beautiful work and such a nice guy to talk to too...

Our DB would luv one of these hey... albeit in red with a tow bar for putting out her wheelie bins..

NOODS x

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Hi NoodsX.

@Davebird is the new Ducbird.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ha.... I’m not so sure she will be happy being called Dave! , Dave or is it Rodney?... luvly jubly.. x

4. Must say iv'e been a bit confused with Dave, Duc. Assumed she'd met a fella called Dave.

5. Dave ET changes it it’s easier for him to remember
    No Dave dating/name change here :D

6. I quite like that in blue and would match my mini :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Was in the Bike Shed on Saturday for lunch and browse around, never been there before. On the way to London we dropped in at On Yer Bike and my girlfriend, who has a full bike licence, took a real shine to the row of variously configured Scramblers they had, those at the Bike Shed intrigued her further. We'll see, she needs to get back on two wheels as a first step as she hasn't ridden for almost 30 years.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wow that some sabbatical leave^^^^^^^^^^^^^:eek:

9. Maybe bad timing on my part but I was really disappointed with the bike shed itself real lack of actual bikes to see.. Really high prices too but I guess that’s how it is in these areas now ( the slum areas that was) mind you when I was a young un in such parts the Krays ran most things on the manor, My Mum new em.. it’s funny caus later at the only fools and horse show musical Uncle Albert did a song called “ where have all the Cockneys gone” and named the Towns etc where the W all gone to in the lyrics.. boy that is a funny show too a real rib tickler

10. I know what you mean, the area is familiar to me. I used to run a photographic studio in Spitalfields Market, between it being a Fruit & Veg market and then being half demolished for city expansion, this was about 25 years ago. Instead of being a sort of beatnik bit of the East End that city workers might venture into on the edge of the City, it's now part of the City that's on the edge of the East End, very commercial, catering to hungry thirsty city workers and tourists... Stayed where I used to live, Stoke Newington, thankfully not changed that much, in an AirB&B. My host was very nice, an arty designer who used to work out of a warehouse in Hoxton Square back around the same time as I had my studio. Her and her partner were offered the building for something like £180k, they refused...

Bike Shed was something to tick off the list, decent lunch, not too expensive. Shop was much like Motolegends maybe without the level of service and extensive stock. Same sort of Hipster bike clothing, some of it nice some questionable in the practicality stakes, inevitably expensive. They do sometimes have more bikes on show apparently, some nice touches on some but yes, not many to see.

#10 Bumpkin, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  11. My Mum was born in Hoxton and My Dad Plaistow, my Grandad was a East Ham barrow boy! I know that ain’t so great sounding but he was on his Jack! My Grandma on that side died giving berth to my Mum, apparently quite common back then, Apparently today’s barrow boys are city traders for they back then had the ability, gift of the gab, to sell anything to anyone, like ice to an Eskimo.. x

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information