1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Storage.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by comfysofa, Mar 9, 2019.

1. You will never have enough room.
    WP_20181202_010.jpg

2. Looks like a prisoner peeking behind the car...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. It's Helena Bonham Carter.

4. What’s the floor, substrate like in your garage/shed? You can always dig down. Put a platform lift in the hole and hide a bike below.
    Que Batman mask and cape.......

5. Alternative...ill give you that....im really not sure whats below....tbh....im not sure what the implications are (from a planning point of view) if you can or cant theres definately a waste pipe under there i know that...

6. I had 4 bikes in a single garage also, now down to 3 as I’ve sold the multi, got sell 2 more and move the 600rr up to my workshop then I’m down to one bike in there ( for now ). Sick of having to move everything around to do basic easy stuff.

7. Well, im not too worried about the moving around at the moment but a 5th in there (it will fit) means that there really will be no room.!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Thanks Pete....i think ill go with this option short term but i think that some sort of building project is looming....we were talking about it yesterday - i think we're going to be here for another ten years at least...

I think, one of these bags then covered by a "normal" cover and the placed under the balcony will shield it from most of the weather...

9. You are right, that would do for a few months. And it's a dirt cheap option. I happened to meet Barry Vincent, the founder and owner of Vac-Bag - nice chap, and has a great business going.

20181101_135212.jpg

10. Pete, when you bag it do you put dessicant bags in there as well before sucking the air out?

#52 West Cork Paul, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  11. Yes. The bike must be bone dry before you start, and the petrol tank empty. The dessicant pack has to have its plastic cover cut, so the granules are exposed to the air in the bag. Suck out as much air as possible, within reason, with a vacuum cleaner then seal up the aperture with a strap done tightly. Obviously the bag membrane must not be holed at any time. I put my bike on a stand (ABBA) with both tyres off the ground. That should keep the contents perfect indefinitely - I am banking on it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Is this meant as a guess the car. Looks a bit like a Porsche 914.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Is yours stored out side Pete??

14. No, the bike in the Vac-Bag is also within a dry garage. But that one is a rather special as-new low mileage Paul Smart #16 which I want to keep totally immaculate.

15. Ah - ok - guess ill be the guinea pig for outside storage....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information