1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike That Will Carry Pillion, Bit Of Touring & Not Bore The Balls Off Me?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Kevin Tallant, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Toying with the idea of getting rid of my beloved superlight. The 916sps will be on road late 2020 or early 2021 and I'm thinking one old crate is enough to own. Mates just passed his test & got some sort of ktm790 thing, he's planning NW500 trip + other jaunts. Budget would be upto £6k & needs to be able to carry pillion on occasional jaunts, not a fan of huge amounts of electronics. Thinking buttfook ugley multistrada 1100s & keep change to fund a trip or two, but nothing really rings my bell.

#1 Kevin Tallant, Oct 10, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  2. Hayabusa

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. You may get an early 1200 multi. K1300 worth a look

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Monster 1100S or 1200S or R, just not sure the latter two will be in budget.

5. Early 1200 looks good, it all multiple engine maps, traction control, abs etc that freaks me out a bit.

6. NOT A GS ! PLEASE !

Speed Triple ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Deffo, get there before you set off, then have time for another holiday :bucktooth:

3747DF58-3490-46D3-82EF-DEB6865C3F90.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Early 1200 without the electronic ohlins, spend a few quid to get suspension set up for your weight put it in sport, then enjoy, you will not be bored! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Suzuki gsxs 1000 great bike

10. Street Triple

11. Get a Ducati ST, everyone knows they are the best bike ever made for what you want :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hyperstrada

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Are vfr 750’s not good? They look ok sound great often luggage or two up ..probably a bit heavy for me but I imagine they are good

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Never really heard of these until recently , but like the idea.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Not Bore The Balls Off Me = tick.
    Budget would be upto £6k = tick.
    Needs to be able to carry pillion = tick.
    Not a fan of huge amounts of electronics = tick.
    Bit of touring = tick.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Aprillia Capanord. There is a 2016 bike with 8000 miles on auto trader now for just over £6k.

17. The blackbird not a bad shout, find the styling of busa a bit 'power rangers' Need too offload a couple of kids & their bike, scooters, segway go-cart... Might have enough room to hide 3 bikes from MrsT

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Yes very marmite that Busa and not for me,good luck with the little white lies bike game.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information