1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Theft

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by mike willis, Mar 5, 2018.

1. It could already be done with the existing Biketrac system using the method I mentioned.

2. Still wouldn't help would it? They used a "Jammer" so wouldn't report movement.

3. I'm afraid I don't know enough about the technology required.
    My van was broken into a few years ago with a device that reads the code then opened it up.
    At least the bodywork was untouched.
    They tried again six weeks later but I had fitted door dead locks which stopped them getting in.
    I guess they thought I would replace the tools they had nicked.
    I'm not sure I trust these systems that can be overcome, is big obvious and physical deterrents the only way to go?
    If they can jam the tracker then is there any point in having one in the first place?

4. Make a formal complaint and address it to the borough commander. The police have a duty to investigate crime and inactivity is not an option for them in the circumstances you describe when there are clear lines of enquiry that they can follow. Write politely to the borough commander pointing out the lines of enquiry and I am sure you will see some action. Good luck

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Sound advice, I'll pass it on, thanks

6. you’re welcome mate. If there is a god they will catch the thieving sh*ts and chop their light fingers off

7. He needed a few bricks to lob out the window, fuckin' lowlife c*nts.

8. And we will all end up paying for it because insurance never lose out.

9. Why is he just filming?. I'dve grabbed the bread and carving knives and be carving slices out of them. FFS. Fight for it dammit.

10. Thinking it and doing it are 2 different things. He sounded pretty young: you need pretty big cahunas and you need to have to have a mindset where you are prepared to get hurt to take on 4 guys tooled up wearing essentially body armour: Some people aren't engineered like that. The outcome was probably the best he could have hoped for: He still has the bike, he hasn't got hurt, they only smashed the car windows and he has some youtube gold.

The problem is they know where you live. The only thing you can do is step up the security (visibly i.e. multiple chains and/or physical bike store) and hope you move the problem on to someone else (yep shit isn't it). You give a couple of these cowardly little shites a hiding and they'll probably be back in numbers or to target whoever is in the house at the time - you don't get the last word.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. You do if your smart...... and
    As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

12. Well, whilst I agree with you Dubzy, I would not stand idley by whilst someone stole my bike. I'd fight and damn the consequences and theyd better hope I dont find out where THEY live.

13. As much as I love to think I’d do them some serious damage, the thought of my wife being home alone when they come back for vengeance is what would stop me.

Beef up security and hope to just deter them into not bothering you anymore.

14. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. If one was.... to say..... put a sacrificial bike out with a few hidden trackers. A small level headed team of sleuths, parameter the gang, locate the posses home addresses, collect picture and video evidence then pass it all to the authorities*.

[​IMG]

*By authorities I mean post it on all the social media, local lamp posts, biker cafe's, Hells Angels bars etc.
    Just let nature take it's course..... effectively reverse the victim role spoken about above.

• Like Like x 1
  16. More than once this has stopped me from taking further action.... I'll take the heat, but I don't want it on my family.

17. If I’d made a different choice of wife, I wouldn’t be so worried. FBD2545F-D3D3-45C2-BD76-76A24B32C65F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Her husband is taking one for the team and he's learnt his lesson... he doesn't want to loose the other one!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information