1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike you wished you'd owned

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by peter james, Aug 24, 2012.

1. always wanted an rd 350 lc
    not managed to lay my hands on one yet

2. If you've owned a few recent bikes the reality of LC's is...a bit of a disappointment. My mate's got a minter and he let me loose on it. It's been god knows how many years. My brother had a tuned 350LC, and I remember nearly crapping myself as I wound it open waiting for the powerband to strike home. And it didn't disappoint then, it was a hell of a rush.

30 years and a whole load of very potent bikes later I was murdering my mate's minter trying to get a thrill out of it. They still have a nice kick, but the moment you get used to that (about 2 minutes) the novelty is gone.

They were great in their time, but so was a CB750...

3. have to admit it I love the sound of a good two stroke twin

4. RD400 with the coffin tank, air cooled in blue or red, everything else I have had, plus some shonkers

5. Kawasaki ZXR750. I've always loved the look of them but have never even come close to buying one, maybe soon.......

Kawasaki_ZXR750R_1994.jpg

6. I had a cracking ZXR750L, still one of my favourites. The previous owner had some blueprinting work done to it and it topped out at a nice 118bhp. Rode it all over Europe and it never had a single hiccup. Sorry I sold it, but there was a TL1000S waiting in the wings...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Surely you need the hoover hoses on that?

8. That was what I liked about the 1st generation, but I'd be prepared to do without them for a ZXR750R

9. Cr500 for a day then leave it alone. Vespa. Then settle for a cr250. I'd be a happy bunny.

10. I wouldn't mind a Vespa, but I'll be buggered if I'm paying the sort of prices people seem to think they're worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. My old one. Probably a few hundred pounds new. The value now lies in the originality and the fact it's 40 years old. Look at the price of any old classic, you just have to grin and bear it if you want something. You always get it back if you sell anyway.

IMG_2877.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. I always dreamed of having one of these and putting a Yoshimura 6into 1 system on and thrashing around on the rear wheel, sadly I have grown up a little since then and now I can do it I don't want to. How weird is that?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Husaberg 570 supermoto for me, for about the 30 mins before it exploded on itself, would absolutely love one!

If not that, then a husqvarna 510smr.

14. This is the bike I really regret not owning. Had one offered to me years ago but thought the £800 the buyer wanted was a bit steep...

[​IMG]

Now of course you're looking at 10k for even a half decent one, so I can never see one in my shed. I did however buy a Morini X3 Kanguro with that same fantastic engine...

[​IMG]

But the gearbox ate itself within an hour of buying it, and then I got arrested for decking the dealer that sold it to me:Shy:

15. still fancy the rd500

16. wasn't the music pish back then?

17. A former neighbour of mine had a Morini 3½ . I rode it to the MOT station for her one time.

I could not get the hang of those damned wrong-way pedals! Gorgeous looking bike, though :upyeah:

18. I was honestly expecting the rd to piss it,how wrong !!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. This is what I'd like in my garage.
    Not good for your licence, though, as it needs to be ridden flat out everywhere or there is no point to it:

suzuki-rgv250-92_pz.jpg

20. I'd have loved to own an 888, something proper 'ard about the way those look.

Bimota SB6 not the 6r as that looked like poo and DB2 oh and a Tesi ES :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information