1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike you wished you'd owned

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by peter james, Aug 24, 2012.

1. After a few years on old British bikes and a few of the first Jap ones; I had a lay-off from bikes for two years then I bought a nearly new RD350B..........

...........I caught the bus to the dealer's premises about 20 miles from where I lived........it was p*ssing down with rain so I wore my mac and had grabbed my old open face helmet (but I forgot my leather jacket:rolleyes:)............when I got there I handed over the cash to the dealer and did the paperwork.......

.....he didn't say nuffink to me as I put the helmet on.......

.........I kickstarted the bike and it fired up straight away......

....I engaged 1st gear (when I had finally worked out which side it was on and whether it was up or down).........grabbed a handful of throttle, let the clutch out and promptly wheelied across the damn forecourt, crossing the A120 only just missing the opposite kerb......

Still......even though it was peeing down and my mac was flapping around like a good-un, it didn't take too long before I got the bike properly under my control.

It didn't half go compared to the older larger capacity bikes (500s and 650s) I had been using, but it p*ssed me off the number of times I had to renew the reed valves thingys.

2. Yep - 350lc for me also - had an RG250, TDR250 but never had an LC....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information