1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Biketrac... Thank God!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Reubinio, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Got a call 00:45 on Thursday am from Biketrac saying my bike was being stolen, checked out garage and yep it had gone! They said it was in a carpark 2 mins away so I went to get it, not recommended and all that, I called the police on the way (another story). Anyway keeping it brief 2 'hoodies' were with my bike and ran off as I approached as I said the police were on their way. Luckily I got my bike back in the garage all within 15 mins of first call from Biketrac. Police eventually turned up 25 mins after I called them. Anyway, if you don't have it (or similar) fitted, get it fitted, I was lucky but the system certainly made my luck. Keep safe. This was in Southampton, Hampshire so up the security if you are in that area - I have! Cheers.

• Like Like x 31
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. That's the best news story I've read in ages. Too bad the police weren't able to arrest the scum suckers but I'm glad you got your bike back.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Time to get yourself a almax ground-anchor & some industrial chain plus padlock!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Excellent result Reub :upyeah: How did Biketrac know it wasn't you moving it from the garage? As I understand it they only re-act when you report it missing.

5. If they pushed it for 2 miles, they must have been fit little bastards. :eek:

6. It works the other way around. If Biketrac get an alert caused by the bike moving without the key being in the ignition they contact you. I normally get a call when I have faled to put it in maintenance mode when loading on my trailer!

If they don't get a response from me they contact a secondary contact. Great service.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. They only text and email me when the bike is moved,when and under what circumstances do they actually phone you ?

8. 2 minutes away.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thinking back. the occasions when I receive a call are when they see the bike continue to move without the key and I haven't responded to the initial text etc; for me that is either when on a trailer or in a van & I have failed to deactivate it.

If it is just a one-ooff movement close to home that is when I just get a text/e-mail.

#9 istanbulian, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Sounds like you need to phone them up & update your details. It's usually phone first from my experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. They didn't :thinkingface:

12. On reflection I've had texts when I've moved the bike without the key in. I also had a phone call once when it was at the dealers being moved around.

13. Not sure how some of you have yours set up.
    If youhave the app go to the bike click on it and then click security settings, there are two little radio buttons, the lower one is SOC this needs to be ON, if it isn't you will only get email and text alersts. When this is turned ON if the bike is moved with ignition off even the length of a garage you will receive a text alert and that will be followed by a phone call within minutes (the longest I have waited is 2 mins)
    I have had this on numerous occasions when playing in the man cave, I have moved the bike a mere 2ft and I have had them on the phone.
    They dont distinguish distance only the fact that it is moved with ignition off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I should have put my glasses on.:bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I'm really glad this didn't end up with you losing your bike or getting injured... Shitty little bastards!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Just had a quick look at this,i appear to have 2 options ,geofence arm mode and movement arm mode,mine is set to geofence,so i guess thats why i can move the bike around the garage without any alarms,when the bike gets back from service i will try movement mode as it should alert me before the bike gets out of the garage.

17. glad it turned out positive in the end.
    I hope they don't try again though

• Like Like x 1
  18. I was advised to not have it set up as geofence for exactly that reason, set it on movement and the minute the bike moves with the ignition off you are alerted :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. I don't appear to have anything other than SOC mode?

20. Go onto the web page

Do Not Sell My Personal Information