1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit More Hp

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Carr01, Nov 16, 2019.

1. George Baines sorted my old 900ss, awesome performance, and handling. My latest acquisition won't be getting that attention. She arrives tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I had coils, stage 2 Dynajet, open airbox and slip-ons.
    Not sure how much more power I got but it was soooo much nicer to ride and the coils completely cured the plug fouling it used to suffer from.
    The open airbox was worth having for the sound alone...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Oh and how I wish @Exige cable kits were available then.
    It was a really reluctant starter even with a new battery. I used to mentally cross my fingers every time I pressed the starter button.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I must have had the best 600 SS in the right hands she was a goer :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. the 600ss or ... ?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Saucy devil! X

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The 600SS. There’s no go in me :innocent:

8. bless xx

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Back when I got my 1993 it was a bit of a basket case. I have pumped much dough into her to get where I am pretty happy. I could've bought a much faster and more exotic bike for the money I have spent, but that kinda misses the point. What I have done is build the bike that I want. But it has not come cheap, and the mods Sev and other have done to their bikes is similar, in fact as I've said before, Sevs bike was a bit of an inspiration for my own. I never planned to go as far as I have. However....
    Get the battery cables sorted as they are crap. I made my own, @Exige does aftermarket. Airbox mod, K and N, slips ons and Dynojet are all an improvement and the standard jetting is a little restrictive.

You can stop there and it makes it a bit peppier.

Lightened flywheel is a great mod and it spins up quicker. I have high compression standard bore pistons currently, but I have the barrels and camss off an ST2 to go on along with Pistal high comps. This will give 944 capacity.

I have an Ignitech along with CA Cycleworks coils and TPS on my FCR 41mm flatslides. I'm upgrading to Nology coils and a Hall effect sensor next year, all boxed waiting to go on with the Barrels. I never did any head work but should get them done too I reckon.

I have a full Sil Motor system on it too. Front forks have Maxton internals and rear Maxton shock set up for me. Bodywork is Ricambi Weiss and this saves a good bit of weight over standard panels. Biggest purchase was OZ Piega Wheels but the difference is pretty big. The bike puts out 85 bhp at the wheel, doesn't sound like a lot, but drives and handles far better than standard. I also have a PS19 brake master and braided lines, along with Oberon clutch slave..

An ongoing project and my favourite bike ever.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. True that. I did this to a 900ss a few years ago and it was just about the funnest bike I ever had as it was like a bicycle with an 80bhp engine. It’s one of the few bikes I still regret selling and I wonder where it is now as I’d be interested in buying it back. If anyone knows the owner, please could you @ him for me? Cheers

D02AAE88-7792-4D06-81B4-4F84F230AF5C.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Love it. Great example of love for a machine. MrR seems to be the same too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Your story and views sound very much like mine about my Monster. Like you I have spent a fortune, but its been great fun getting the bike to where I want it to be. I can trade it and change but theres no bike I'd rather have, it does everything I want and more.

Wheres a pic of your bike?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Baines are excellent. What is arriving tomorrow?

14. IMGP4353.JPG

IMGP4352.JPG

IMGP4351.JPG

IMGP4350.JPG

IMGP4349.JPG

IMGP4348.JPG

IMGP4347.JPG

IMGP4346.JPG

IMGP4345.JPG

IMGP4344.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  15. Lovely. Wheels and rear hugger are unusual?

16. I think they are Dymags, hugger looks right to me ?

17. Hmmm, don't know yet Carr, still in transit, sellers photos. It hasn't been used since 2012, it was fired up last week for a short while with no reported problems. I guess the tank had been drained previous to that, fingers crossed. They suffer with rot i believe ?

18. That looks like a lengthy winter /spring plus project.GL:upyeah:

19. It's only time ......... thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information