1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit Of Advice-all Weather Commuters

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Symon Moore, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Snatchy throttle most likely. I don’t know for sure as I have never ridden one (can’t reach the ground!).

2. My standard 2018 Hypermotard 939 is, how can I say it, 'vague' just off the stop so that's what I meant by low-speed fuelling; low engine-speed fuelling. It's going to get an ECU remap treat if I've got funds in the Spring. It's not horrendous, it's just not as I'd like it with the (large) amount of engine braking its got...
    The new 950 is better - different ECU. Though everybody remaps a Duc right?

• Like Like x 1
  3. The 1100 Scrambler is an amazing machine in traffic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I still reckon the best possible thing for the winter commute is an MP3. Drifting in the rain, snow and ice in comfort!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. My girlfriend rides her Icon all year round in most weathers and has great fun on it (despite the telegraph pole seat). Her routine though is to wash the bike down and towel dry it before it goes back in the garage. It's 3 years old now and still looks in good nick so a Scrambler is a good option IMO. Andy

6. I thought I'd chip in on this thread as I've also hankered after a Hyper for some time, so earlier this month I made the decision to move on from the Multi and place the order for the 950SP. Part of that decision was based on my commute to work which is a distance of 14 miles down mainly fine twisty A and B roads with a tiny, tiny bit of Motorway. The majority of the time I do this on my CBR300R mule or pedal power depending on weather, however, on the more sunnier/warm days the attraction of adding a fun component to the ride helped make my decision easier. Also living in Cheshire most of my leisure riding in based in North Wales or the Peak District which was fine on the Multi but something more agile in the twisties would enhance that experience.

Delivery Feb/March, roll on summer. One other thing helps....No Wife = Living the Life.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I have from new a 2013 hyper 821 with 30,000 miles used all year round and is my main winter bike. Still looks new... just wash after every ride if the roads have been crappy. its a great bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information