1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Forest...black Batteries...black Mood!

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Mattmk1, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Now that’s where you are wrong :yum people have seen at least one out and aboot breaking down :eyes:
    Can’t have too many spares :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lend me one. I'll rag the nuts outta it. 1198 (ahem) needs to be ragged to keep it in tip top condition. Thats why yours break down. Mine didnt (probably, even if it did i would tell exige sshh)

3. I always carry a spare rec/reg when I go away. Saved me a lot of agg in Italy a few years back.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. I do too, but only on my 916 as it chews thru those like its on coke. But its a tad unlucky for the 1198 one to go. Theyre generally more robust, but then I wouldnt touch a Li battery unless oem.

5. I have travelled quite a bit with people on 1*98 and they have had more than their fair share ;)

6. Apart from the sprag at 17k, my 1198 was faultlessly reliable. If only its rider was as good. So far, touch wood, my 1299s has been pretty good. TBF, my 916 too barring its penchant for eating RR's and consequently cooking batteries.

• Like Like x 1
  7. so reg rec purchased from Ducati stuttgart, apparently an amazing dealership with hundreds of bikes on show.

Reg fitted just now and battery was at 12.3 v, once started it’s showing 14.6/14.7 v on a cool engine. When reeved it isn’t rising past this.

Higher than I would have liked to see, do you think it’s ok?

8. Shame they’re not adjustable for output.
    You’d think there’d be some kind of black box available to tailor the output to different battery types
    If you can do it with mains voltage, why not with a 12v alternator??

9. I'm no expert but at 12.3 the battery is a bit low so the high input might be topping up the battery, I would think it will settle down when the battery is up to around 12.7 someone else will correct me though I'm sure.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  10. More than their fair share of what?

11. The German tech is Wolfgang, used him for many years for odd bits and pieces. He runs the shop on his own, a good guy. Glad he sorted you out

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. The German tech is Wolfgang, used him for many years for odd bits and pieces. He runs the shop on his own, a good guy. Glad he sorted you out

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  13. tooth brushes

• Like Like x 1
  14. R's.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. To be fair I've hear horror stories of Lithium's going bang in a big way. They are safe enough as long as the rest of the system is working well ..... However, should a reg/rec go bad I would rather have a boiled gel battery under my ass than a possible exploding one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. no lithium-batterie without digital voltmeter on board

Do Not Sell My Personal Information