1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank Dash Lcd...

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by BrassFlute, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Many thanks. Can’t remember who’s mirrors they are - I’ll have a look and let you know

2. So the saga continues - went to start the bike this afternoon after installing the new dash and there's no starter motor action... Dash sparks up, does its stuff, I can hear what sounds like the fuel pump whirring. When I hit the start button I hear a similar fuel pump whir and a click from somewhere up front - perhaps behind the headlight but nothing from the starter. I'm guessing the starter solenoid is the widget next to the battery with the 30 amp fuse that the positive line goes through - this doesn't click so I'm guessing its not getting the start signal. Clearly the start button works as I get fuel pump whir and a click when I press it. The battery is on tender and is charged and the lights are bright. My thoughts - perhaps I dislodged a wire then I changed the dash or, and I hope not having spend £700 notes on it, the new dash is something to do with it. Thoughts most welcome!

3. So on further investigation I noted the engine management error light on the dash. When I cycled through it shows IMMO error. I’m guessing this is why it doesn’t start. This I understand is an immobiliser error although it doesn’t have a number next to it. So I entered the code on my card multiple times and it doesn’t accept it. Does buying a new dash wipe the old code - if so is there a default code for new dashes? Suggestions?

4. Looked at the guidance but sadly no joy. Even though it’s a brand new virgin dash I don’t get a countdown to re-pair keys when I power on. I’ve turned it on in programme mode to try and unpair keys in the hope I’d get the pairing countdown but it doesn’t accept the key code from my card. So basically even with a brand new dash and having both black keys and the key code I’m still shafted:-(

5. OK, I have the same problem with my dash. I unplugged it from the bike for about a month while I did some work on the fork yokes, now I have plugged it back in I have no display!! The orange back light comes on, so does the neutral light battery light etc, but no display!?

I have tried unplugging it and replugging several times but it hasn't made a difference. Anyone have any ideas? Surely leaving it disconnected from the bike for a month shouldn't effect the dash?

Cheers Stu

Do Not Sell My Personal Information