1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bleeding Rear Caliper !!!

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Packman, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Ok so the fluid was mucky in my clutch and rear brake reservoirs ... done the clutch one and transformed the feel and now got all the fluid out the rear caliper and reservoir but can i get a solid pedal WTF ....

Ive tried using a syringe both pulling and pushing the fluid but nope ... is it worth getting the caliper off and hanging it up :upyeah:

2. yep - i had that....take the caliper off and hang it up a bit further...

3. I may be late to this conversation. On my Monster, the rear caliper is 'upside down' at the bottom of the disk. I changed the fluid lat year and could not bleed it - even bought a bleeding key that made no difference. Unbolted the caliper and rested it with the bleed nipple uppermost. Bleed it in a minute.

4. Will try it later thanks :upyeah:

5. On my Hyper I had a similar issue and ended up adjusting the rear brake pushrod to take up some of the slack. Works a treat now. I have a feeling that the piston wasn't getting a full stroke and this was affecting the bleeding operation.
    Matt

Do Not Sell My Personal Information