1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bless Those Little Snowflakes

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by outintheopen, Feb 19, 2020.

1. That’s quite an ignorant and ill revised conclusion. Firstly farmers don’t create manufactured and processed foods. They produce fresh produce. What’s more natural than fresh milk, beef or lamb. What happens to it once it leaves the farm and gets to a factory is hardly the farmers fault, it’s more the processors or supermarkets fault who are just out for profit to supply YOU with the cheap food YOU want. The food scares result when the natural food is mixed with shit to dilute it to increase profits. Hence the horse meat scandal.

As a farmer with over 30 years experience I’m more of an expert than your average internet educated vegan or know it all keyboard warrior, so take it from me antibiotics are only used when needed, and rightly so. If you’re ill the doctor gives you antibiotics it’s the same with animals and it’s cruel not to. Antibiotics are expensive and are only used when needed.

Like most people I don’t have a problem with veganism it’s a personal choice. It’s the vegans themselves that people dislike. They are ignorant, self righteous with a superior attitude and talk down to people who don’t agree with them. They are an extremist group who are prepared to cause disruption, damage, and threaten lives and my eyes that make them more terrorist. Most vegans have never set foot on a farm or spoken to a farmer they just watch those horrendous exceptional videos on YouTube and are force fed inaccurate posts on Facebook and think that’s what all farming is like. Anyone is welcome to visit my farm. You’ll see how well the animals are kept and how high welfare standards are and you will soon learn farmers are passionate about what they do and not the monsters were made out to be.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. You're up early.

Are you a farmer by any chance?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Gotta fill in those subsidy forms in before it gets busy..

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Heseltine employs cheap labour from overseas to fill in the forms for him.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. :joy: Yep got a full day of torturing and antibiotic administration ahead:joy:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. them sheeps are not going to peel themselves dude....

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. no one really wants to see you die dude... well i dont anyhu... changed a lil but not dead.
    processed food is a fuck up but hardly the famers fault. the bottom line with that is its the consumers fault. vote with ya feet so to speak.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. No! It's made from plastic, which comes from oil, which was created by the decaying bodies of millions of tiny sea living organisms! Murderers!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. You mean the new Range Rover fund - if only!:joy:

Not many people realise that the benefactor of subsides is actually you the general consumer. It’s quite complicated in its full definition how it works but I’ll try and explain it simply without you falling asleep. Farmers are the recipients of the SFP (single farm payment) and it’s based on farm acreage and conservation schemes the farm is involved with. However the farmers are not the beneficiaries of this money. Farmers whichever sector of agriculture they are in don’t set the price they get paid for their produce. The price is dictated by the supermarkets ultimately. The way the supermarkets decide a price is by demanding that the farmers on their contract have to submit their farm accounts. Yes you did read that right the farmer has to hand over their accounts to the people buying their produce!! The supermarket then looks at what they are spending and how much they are making then they set a price they will pay. So do you you think they will let the farmer take all the profit? No. They pay just enough to keep the farmer in business and able to supply them. The SFP is seen as income and taken into account when the supermarkets set the prices paid. This in turn is passed onto to the consumer. Because supermarkets have wound down the amount of money they pay over the years this had led to farmers becoming reliant on the SFP to balance the books. As we’ve now left the EU when it is removed in a few years there will have to be a readjustment in pricing which means there’s a good chance the price of food will go up or supermarkets will start to import shit from abroad such as Ugandan beef which won’t comply with any of the strict legislation that British farmers have to adhere to.

• Useful Useful x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for the explanation esp re: supermarkets and the SFP. How badly is its loss going to affect you? Were/are you for or against Leaving?

11. tbh, I would of thought all that would of been common knowledge, what with the national conversation the UK has been having for the last 4 years. CFP, CAP ect.
    hayho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. True, but I’ve not heard it directly from the horse’s mouth (or in this case, the cow owner’s mouth).

#52 Zhed46, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  13. BMW do a very similar thing with parts suppliers. Engineering firms must provide the costing of the job, and following this BMW decide what they will pay. Without a comprehensive audited proposal, subject to local inspection and routine meetings, BMW will not give accept a supplier.

Of course they would claim its to ensure quality control. In actuality it forces suppliers to share their interlectual property re processes, and takes away financial control.

14. certainly I have heard of super markets demanding farmers books ect. dropping into conversations when the EU (of which we helped shape and agreed with about 98% of policy) are getting the usual treatment.

15. Argos used to do the same thing with major suppliers 20 years ago. I’m sure they still do.

16. Militant vegans who suggest that not eating meat is good natural and healthy for you, should seriously question why all humans are born with a pair of upper and lower canine teeth...FOR EATING MEAT!.
    We've got a couple of these types at work, they are largely ignored.

17. nah, those teeth where put there as curse to give you endless problems and pain. teeth suck.

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. You could say the similar things about the appendix or even the coccyx...

19. My opinions about eating meat and dairy, and using animal based products are my own, and should be respected, just as I respect the right of others to have their own opinions whether similar or different from my own.

I do not however accept sermonising and “Direct Action” from “Influencers” who insist I conform with their beliefs and opinions. That includes the very vocal minorities of Radical Vegans and Extinction Rebellion supporters.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Oh...didnt realise that these appendiges helped with the digestion of meat!....;)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information