1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Bloody Brilliant

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tobers, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Just been away on a long weekend with Mrs T on the Multi (2015 DVT std model). The bike was just brilliant throughout - fast, stable, comfy for her on the back, luggage on the rack and a tankbag. We whizzed all around the Cotswolds which are just fab, very picturesque.

And the bike has been 100% since I got it - it's just a superb piece of kit. It's so eager to accelerate, and torquey. Love it.

So there you have it. A happy Ducati story for you all.

• Like Like x 19
  2. Are you sure? Multistradas are normally shit. Everyone on here says so, so it must be true.

• Funny Funny x 11
  3. Same for me. After having a Multi then going to BMW (K1600 then RT LC) I've come back and love it. It has soul and is a fantastic machine

4. The Multistrada is the best all round motorcycle on the market they get better with use there's a lot of crap talked and written about reliability ignore it just ride it and enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi, my name is Yoozy and I love my Multistrada.

• Like Like x 1
  6. And I love mine. I should do, it's my fifth! That's including a 620 and an 1100 - different bikes but the same spirit in them all.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Is this turning into an intervention group :worried:

• Funny Funny x 3

8. but every bike you own is the best bike you,ve ever owned, you do have history.. me ickle chuckle uckle..

• Like Like x 1

9. But its true :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I love mine too. Let's all have a disco! :heart::fist:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. That's because dynamically things move on, so if you buy a new bike every so often, chances are it will be better..:upyeah::grinning:

12. Strange then, that you should dislike the original post, sausage fingers.. :D

#12 Wayne58, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. 16 DVT "S". Truly a great bike :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  14. You have disliked the first post :)

15. 2016 dvt S just back from Scotland, total of 1100 miles, bike never missed a beat, got the mussels a heated body warmer working on the principal....happy wife - happy life! Only needed it on a couple of mornings as we had great weather!
    Changed the touring screen for my carbon sports screen for a track day on Thursday :)

16. I reckon theirs still loads worry about the scare stories with Ducati, I was one. I really didn't want one because of this, but the Mutley was nagging away for years. Litterally within 200 yards on the test ride I was gone. Had to have it and not regretted it for 1 second. Done 6000 miles now in less than 12 months, and if I hadn't moved from England to Ireland it'd have been much more. Its probably the only bike I've had that keeps me happy pootling along at 20mph gorping at the scenery and wringing its neck up and down these mountains we've got here and everything inbetween.
    It just works, excellently.

Did I tell you about the time we,,,,,, :blush:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Brilliant, good to hear it, I'm on my 4th now and the current one has been perfect, 5000 miles since end of May in all weathers including appalling thunderstorm and it's not missed a beat, seems like after 4years + of selling DVTs they have finally nailed all the irritating issues like the fuel sender, seat covers, disc , etc etc which I experienced on my previous ones. Just wish they did more component testing before launching a new model, surely the bean counters at Ducati must wince at the cost of all the warranty costs and decide to source/test better quality compeonents at the design stage, save them in the long run, japs are very good at that as I have never had a warranty claim with a jap bike since the 90s. Having said that , loving my latest DVT, I won't be changing this one for a few years, be interested to see the next generation but won't buy one until they have been at least 3-4 years in production to iron out all the wrinkles, oops got a bit off topic, so finally Tober, brilliant news on your DVT, ps rode through the Cotswolds yesterday, found the A361 from Daventry to Chipping Norton then Stow on the Wold a brilliant road.

18. It is ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sausage fingers sorted now

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ah bless you :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information