Bloody Friday 13th!

Discussion in 'Monster' started by stevebetts, Sep 13, 2019.

1. not really the date at fault - more me being an absent minded twat.
    Took the Mrs on the bike at the weekend so I obviously removed the seat cowl.
    Got back and just placed it on the bike. “I’ll bolt it up later” I thought to myself.
    Rode to work this morning, got nearly all the way and suddenly remembered I didn’t bolt it up.
    Turned round to see it was gone!
    Went back and found it. Obviously scratched to hell.
    Just priced a new one - OMG.

8144F928-FF0C-4004-B342-8A1A84F81A89.jpeg

4A975E45-ECC0-4AF5-97A5-644FF17AB2CA.jpeg

• Face Palm Face Palm x 4
  2. Doh. Did that with a top box. Didn't lock it down properly and went for a ride to work. Got through the 30mph bimble, until the first national limit straight where I opened her up.... BANG, SCRAPING, plastic everywhere.... Oops!

3. I feel your pain!! Few of my buddies have done the same over the years.... infact my mate Dave holds the current record of losing 4 seat cowls, two number plates, one heal guard various wheel strips and a tank pad! never to be seen again:laughing:... Hope you get it sorted ok

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. What he said

5. Get the misses to pay for it as it's her thought.;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Did it with my wife once where I got all the way home and realised she was still in the shop! Ha ha
    Every cloud has a silver lining

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Did you "accidentally" take her purse and phone with you?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Should have ha ha ha I wasn’t the flavour of the month

9. How much ?

10. Just get it repainted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. we had a sliding door fall of a vivaro van yesterday. taking a right at a busy traffic lights right out side Oban high school. the lad was picking it up from a test and got a right slagging from the kids. he was fugging raging when he got back to the workshop. :D
    the customer forgot to tell us not to touch it. he had another away getting sprayed up ready for fitting.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. £248

13. By the time it’s painted and I’ve purchased the decals (around £80 for the decals) and replaced the black pad, there’s not much in it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'd get it done anyway as a spare.

15. Yeah for next time!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ouch !

I think i would buy the new one,sell the damaged one on flea bay,save a lot of hassle and you know its perfect again .