1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmw K1200r

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Nostromo, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Has anyone had one? And how do you rate it?
    My job role changes in January so a lot more learning and traveling, a few training courses in Germany and some site work up and down the country, and I'd like to do most of it on the bike. How does the k1200 do on fuel and comfort?
    Cheers

2. If work involves travelling the Germany a lot, a BMW bike is a really good idea. The R series flat twins are some of the most popular and highly regarded bikes ever, well designed and made, and come in a variety of useful styles. The only question is: why are you talking about the unloved and rather ordinary K series?

3. Out of all the beemers I really like the look of the k1200r, and they are fairly cheap.
    I would have another diavel or an r nine t if I had the money, but that's not an option with another baby on the way. I would like a flat twin, the the series I'm looking at have the inline 4.
    k1200r.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. What not an RT? Not the sexiest but great for your needs. Friends who've had them, love them. Actually ride rather well.

5. The k1200s is the only bike I regret selling, so much so I,m on the look out for another.
    Rode the r but didnt like it. 170 bhp on a naked bike is just mental imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I feel like that about the diavel, you can never have too Much power!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information