1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Bmw S1000rr Sport Gen 3

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by Steve Wright, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They're a great bike.

2. i know, and i want one still, but the timing is shite :(

3. I agonised as to whether to get a Series 3 with shift-assist pro and cruise control or whether to live like a farmer on the HP4. I ended up with the HP4. No regrets.

• Like Like x 1
  4. "live like a farmer" ? Sleep with your relations?
    Hoard cash, dress and act like a tramp?
    Damn, you should have bought a series 3 dude............ :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I'm so confused, gen 2 or gen 3?

Which one allows me to avoid sleeping with any relatives?

6. matey has an HP4. My Pani is faster. Well, at least with him on it anyways. (heres hoping he reads this hehe)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I'm always faster on a v-twin (l-twin) than I am on an IL4, I'm wired that way but I like the BMW very much.

8. It's pretty much all of those things. Y'all.

9. So does Matey. He's on his 4th. Plus the new one will prob be bought as soon as.

10. One you rev out. One you don’t. Probably.

I watch onboard vids and on my gixer I’ve got 2k left to the red zone...on my old 848 and the multi i’m Banging on the limiter. Both are probably similar Rev ranges

11. I feel faster on my gsxr than I do my 1198.

12. That's likely it. We're on about doing a novice trackday at Cadwell and I'm more keen to ride the 999 than the HP4. I found Race mode on the HP4 tonight... had been pottering around in Sport. Hellfire. I need counselling now...

• Like Like x 1
  13. matey says 'Slick' mode is best on HP4. Although I dont know if he means 'race' mode as Ive not looked.

My 1299 stays in race mode. Even in the thunderstorm over the juras. The throttle response is better I feel. So now it makes me wonder what the point of all these modes are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rain cuts the power and delivers maximum throttle damping - power is managed at a mellow lean angle, ABS on rear brake, full anti-wheelie etc.
    Sport delivers full power and delivers medium throttle damping - power is managed at a bit more lean angle, ABS on rear brake, full anti-wheelie etc.
    Race delivers full power without throttle damping - full lean angle available, no ABS on rear brake, no anti-wheelie etc. (launch control available)
    Slick delivers full power with maximum throttle responsiveness, electronic intervention by rider invitation only (launch control available)

Without going back and quoting the manual verbatim, that's the gist of it. Can't see the point in fighting a bike with electronic aids when conditions are crap. Might as well have the bike working with you to allow you maximum focus on road conditions and to increase the safety margin.

I think it's more impressive to say one rides everywhere with maximum bravado and no electronic mollycoddling but with nigh on 200hp to keep on a leash and me only having a limited skillset / being a bit of a girl then I'm going to accept all of the help I can get. :)

15. No takers then!

16. Bonkers isn't it. It's so much bike for the money... I think everyone is that seduced by PCP these days that actually paying real money for a bike seems like some kind of craziness. :(

17. I was offered £10.5k standard against a £13.5k S1rr 2017.

18. Bike now sold

19. New Bike :):upyeah:

IMG_2976.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  20. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information