1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmw S1000rr Sport/ M Sport

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bigjimmyb, Mar 21, 2022.

1. There is no better pan-European network than that provided by BMW Motorrad. You can’t beat the leverage they have with such a large car dealership backing that clearly supports their Motorrad operations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Gorgeous looking bike that goes like stink, and as some have said probably has the best dealer network in Europe.
    What you waiting for, weather's glorious and you're not getting any younger. ;)

3. Ha ha too true mate.
    Am test riding this weekend.

If that makes my mind up, I’ll have 1 or 2 Ducatis for sale next week

• Like Like x 2
  4. i had a s1000xr from new and did 26000 miles on it, and only one problem ( leaking fork leg) that they sorted under warranty and gave me another bike for 2 days while waiting for parts
    there was also another incident when i filled it with diesel they recovered the bike and got me a taxi home :mad:
    my friend was on a euro trip when he had a heart attack. bmw collected his bike from the hotel in Austria and bought it home for him can't fault them for service and warranty

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thank you. The customer care seems amazing and comments here back up what the dealer told me.

6. BMW customer service is second to none in the bike world tbb

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Erm, talk to the 2 German lads I rescued on the M3 a couple of years ago. A 7 month old dead GS and Bahnstormer Alton and BMW left them high and dry. Bahnstormer weren’t prepared to even plug the diagnostics tool in for at least 3 days and BMW customer care in Germany washed their hands. Truly awful as was the AA van that got called out to them. Andy

8. Hit and miss then it seems. I’ve often heard and experienced good customer service from them. But it’s been a bloody good thing because the bikes fall to bits lol

9. I think there is a much bigger problem with BMWs than is actually reported simply because their customer service try and do the right thing ....... most of the time :D Andy

• Agree Agree x 1

10. If you look at the year on year reliability surveys that are carried out, bmw are one of the most unreliable brands usually.

from my experience the bmw brand has a lot of fierce fanboys. I know a few :laughing: my gen 3 was the most Unreliable bike I’ve ever owned. I’ve lost count of the amount of people I know who’ve had issues with BMWs. Often serious and that includes the new models. But you’ll always get those who say they’re made out of granite and it’s all bollocks. And those who have issues who play them down, I’ve not noticed owners playing it down so much with other brands. I tend to believe that the issues are more with their sports brands as I haven’t heard of that many issues with the adventure bikes. Who knows.

I saw two brand new gen 4’s break on a manufacture day in the U.K. brand new bikes supplied by bmw. Very embarrassing.

if I was riding still i would maybe consider owning one under warranty though. But the tech on the new bikes pisses me off. The dash is forever throwing up distracting errors on the dash.

Anyway, I’ll go now, I can hear the impending fanboy rage building.

#30 Advikaz, Mar 23, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  11. That's because they were German.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Was it the gen 1 S1000RR where the conrod bolts weren't done up properly, and some gearboxes were breaking on track? It did strike me as a bike that may be designed for a good time, rather than a long time.

13. i know the early ones had cams made of cheese

14. I have early one, from Dec 2019.
    Not a single issue with camshaft itself.

Only solenoid sensor failed after 2 years and 7000kms on track.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 2019 isn't an early one.

16. They started deliveries in Jun/Jul 2019 ?

17. im talking 09-10ish

18. I applaud you admitting to this on the forum

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blimey, alot of strong opinions on here about BMW. They are such a popular brand that everyone knows someone that knows something that happened to them. :laughing:
    Just like others above who have owned BMWs, i will also give you my opinion and only that, to help you decide what you want to do. It is however purely personal and subjective.
    Firstly, i have always had a Ducati superbike in the garage. 1098, 1299 and now 2022 V4 S Pani. All with their fair share of issues. So its not all roses and cadburys....
    However, I also wanted a bike that I could ride when It was winter time, or raining badly, or maybe spend hours and hours and be slightly more comforatable. Key word being slightly. I still wanted sport.
    So firstly I bought a new shape 2021 S1000XR. I did 10,000 miles. Had no problems whatsoever mechanically with the bike. It was reliable for the 1 year and 10,000 miles that I had it.
    However I could not bond with it for various reasons.
    So then got a 2022 S1000RR. I ride it when I want a more relaxed sporty position, bit more plush ride, smoother engine/throttle. Basically when Im not in race mode. And for that its great. Best description is LambChopRides on youtube. He seemed to sum up my opinion quite well about the S1000RR.
    It is an awesome bike and it does do everything you want a superbike to do. But when i ride the Panigale I remember why I love riding.
    The BMW is not the same...as others have mentioned.
    Its not as souless as other BMWs. But its not a Ducati/Aprillia etc....
    Thats why, when its sunny and I want to Ride, i take the Pani.
    When its everything else i take the BMW.

As a side note, for years I have been riding with others that own GS, S1000R etc... and I would say that 80% of them are happy about the reliability aspect. No real horror stories. But they do happen. To both brands. I suppose for me the key was to buy when under warrenty.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information