1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmw S1000rr

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Monners, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Did you buy and sell many Ducatis?

2. BUT................ my bike is very red and very shiny................. so there, I rest my case :Happy:

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's me in my avatar dude :) I love my 1199s.

I haven't had a chance to try out a 1299 yet but I have modified the steering head angle on my 1199S to be the same as the new bikes. I think there are other differences such as the swing arm pivot point which also change things but I've always thought the Ducati tips in just as quick as any of the other bikes. It's the turning circle that is different, likely due to the wheelbase? The Daytona is substantially sharper than the Panigale. I want to get the BMW on track but I'd say it sits in between the Panigale and the Daytona.

Personally I don't agree with a lot of the review points about the 1199. It is a handful at first but after a little while you learn to ride it properly and it's absolutely stunning. The 1299 looks like it's made it easier to jump on and go so perhaps it's a good compromise between the 1199 and the s1000rr ?

4. If , as I suspect, you're keeping the 1199 and adding the S1K to your garage you're a very lucky chap and it would be my exact choice for the types of use you describe. I've tried most of the naked/adventure bikes and can't drag myself away from a true sportbike even with the advances of father time :smile:.

I only ever tested the 1199 but I could never quite convince myself it was worth the change from my heavily modded (for road use) 1098S although I loved the evolution of the looks. When the 1299 came along and again considering I am talking about for 95% road use and the fact that I am limited to owning one bike, it made much more sense. To my mind (and I'll probably get shot for writing this :wink:) there's a little bit of sport tourer buried in the 1299 DNA and it's probably as close as we're ever going to get to one !

And for the record, although a Ducatisti, I believe the S1K is in no way inferior to the Panni's or any of the other modern Superbikes and I love the different ethos' behind German and Italian machinery to the point that I find it laughable at times that you can apply the looks verses practicality stereotypes to them both so easily.

Enjoy fella and fill yer boots :yum:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Right down my train of thought, although laughing at the sports tourer part haha. I'm very lucky to

6. Few and far between. This is Hull. It was the only make where we were happy paying over book price.

7. Hah, looked at your other vids. You skate too... looks like Ladbroke Grove if I'm not mistaken. Nice bowl that.

8. Haha yep used the long board to get to the park and thought it would be funny to try it in the bowl ! :)

9. Awesome, you look fairly at ease on a board. Strong work! :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information