1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bomb Syria?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by gliddofglood, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Pete worked in a courtroom a long time. He's probably picked up a lot of unpleasant habits from legal professionals involving the splitting of fine hairs and overlooking the wood for the trees. Not to worry though, it's a big wide world out there, he'll learn.

:)

2. He isn't making a lot of money from this hair-splitting is he? :Shifty: That's another unpleasant habit of the legal profession. :Locktopic:

3. He's loaded and could buy you and me ten times over. Fascist :)

4. Yawn! I can't believe we are still dragging up the Tony Blair war criminal argument? How far do we need to go back in history bringing people to book? - Blair?Thatcher?Bomber Harris?Churchhill? - blimey the next thing we will be apologising for Slavery! Or have we already done that???

5. Yes, let's forget the Past, recent or otherwise.

Onwards!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Personally I blame the Knights Templar for starting all this shit with ISIS in 1099! Perhaps if David Cameron went on TV and made a really sincere apology like we did for Slavery they will stop all the Terrorism,murder,random shootings of totally innocent people and suicide bombing? image.jpg

7. more silliness. like it. but yip. old habits die hard :smileys:

8. This nutter didn't mind us bombing in Iraq then? We've been doing that for months. Another primitive fuckwit who should never have been let into the country in the first place, I would imagine, and one whose actions and opinions are a miserable irrelevance and should have no bearing on foreign policy whatsoever.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Indeed. An act might be illegal if there is some judicial process to declare it so. Absent such a process, the term "illegal" is just a vague insult.

Certainly there is always a debate to be had about taking military action versus doing nothing. Opponents of military action (and there are always some) can point truthfully to the evil consequences of action; but they always conveniently ignore the evil consequences of doing nothing. Political decisions are so often a choice between the unpalatable and the catastrophic.

For an MP or minister, being proved to have lied to the House of Commons is a resigning matter. In the case of a person who is no longer in office, that cannot arise and the point is moot. It becomes a matter of only historical interest - like for example Mrs Thatcher's famous lie about the sinking of the General Belgrano .

10. Ha-ha. If only!

11. Given that the Knights Templar were founded in 1120, probably not.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. My son was actually in Leytonstone at that time. It was a lucky fluke he was not stabbed. I keep trying to tell him he ought to ride a motorbike (which he doesn't) instead of using the tube, since he would be less likely to be shot, stabbed or blown up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Think you will find out that the UK branch was founded in 1120 the Knights Templar put every Muslim in Jerusalem to the sword in 1099.Different branch but the same firm

14. The crusaders of the First Crusade did indeed put thousands of muslims to the sword in Jerusalem when they conquered it in 1099. The leaders of the 1st crusade mainly came from the region now known as Belgium. So let's blame the Belgians, shall we? The Templars were founded there a few years later.

• Like Like x 1
  15. More than a bit ironic that ISIS have chosen Belgium as a country to operate from don't you think?

• Like Like x 1
  16. A good story Pete but do you really believe that riding a motorcycle in London is less dangerous than riding the tube ??

I am sure it would be less unpleasant but that is a separate issue.

17. A few years ago I would have given you a thumbs down for your statement! It strange how quickly things can change to what happened 7/11,tragic murder of Lee Rigby and now knife wielding terrorist loons!My thoughts go out to the families and friends of those stabbed last night but if we had easy access to automatic weapons the outcome would have been very very different last night? It's not that hard to buy a firearm in the UK - about as easy as buying class A drugs but thank god it's a lot harder than it is in the USA! Tell your lad to stay vigilant,be aware of his surroundings and stay safe

18. Probably just a lone nutter fruitcake and no a terrorist ISIS planned out attack but scary shit all the same

19. Spot on chap - we pull out and Taliban take over again (not that they ever left!)There are reports already of a large amount of Afgan army defections/desertions back to the Taliban.

20. And in a few years we will be talking about the 'war criminal David Cameron' for bombing Syria.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information